Anyone here not using a screen protector for their Note 8?

pasva007

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
After several attempts with tempered glass and film screen protectors, I give up. The curved screen seems to make it impossible for the screen protectors to adhere for any length of time. Aside from not adhering, the tempered glass screen protectors I've tried caused a significant reduction in response to the touchscreen. Looking at reviews, it doesn't appear there is any screen protector for the Note 8 that doesn't have issues. I have a nice case for the phone, but I don't like not having a screen protector. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I don't have the $$$ to keep wasting on screen protectors that don't work. The Note 8 screen is gorgeous, but now I'm regretting having the curved screen.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Yep. Have given up on the horrible spigen neo flex which fitted really well, no issues there, but the orange peel, degradation of screen clarity and of s-pen use forced me to rip it off. Now having used this awesome screen naked I urge everyone to do same....mind you, I DO have phone in a Samsung clear view stand case!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I used mine first 2-3 weeks with nothing withouts issues, then put on a fairly heavy duty one ( ikalula ) and a soft case for going on holidays, the SP lifted a bit in one corner so ripped it off when I got home and used again without for a couple of weeks until yesterday I put a Smash-it SP on and happy with it so far but time will tell how durable it is.
My point is that you don't really need one if you're carefull with your phone but it does give some peace of mind ( real or not )
With the curved screen it does seem very important to get the installation bang on, or you'll have issues.
Maybe a flip cover with a soft inner will suit you better

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I did for a week. Loved it. But i have to have a glass screen protector.

I've had the amfilm one on for a few days so far. It smudges as much as all others and you can kinda see the dot matrix but it doesn't bother me as long as I know my screen is scratch free lol

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The last screen protector I used was on my Motorola Droid or Galaxy Nexus. I forget which one. After reading all of the horror stories over the years, I just don't use one. I like the feel of the screen without it.

anon(9947084)

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Go naked. It feels better.
I own and work in a wood refinishing company and I get blasted with particles continuously. I even get stuff in my pocket with my phone.
3 weeks with the note 8 and I just checked over the screen again.... not one blemish.
I also had my note 4 naked for about the last 4 months I used it.... It also had zero blemishes.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I purchased one from att store when I bought the N8 on launch day. It did not fit well and I ended up removing a couple weeks later. Went "naked" for a week or so with no issues but decided to try the Whitestone Dome protector and installed on Monday. Have to say, it's by far the best one I've used on any phone...at least after 2 days of initial use. Time will tell I guess but it definitely fits the curves better than my previous one and is super clear. Can hardly tell that there's a screen protector on there.

Main concern i had for the Whitestone dome was that not all cases work with it but there are a few YouTube channels that have compiled lists of cases that do work. I purchased the tech 21 tactical case on day 1 and had zero issues with compatibility.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector since the s8+ they make the experience with the phone unbearable. That and it was costing too much money trying to find one that worked. I do however have a little nick in the screen on the curve. It's not really noticeable, but I know it's there. Still not as bad as dealing with a crappy screen cover.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
No screen protector, I am rough on my phones and have had no issues, I use a really protective case however. Screen protectors take away from this amazing screen.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I usually have a screen protector but with the Note 8, and the curved screen, I'm not sold on any of the mixed reviews I've read. Using a Spigen Thin case inside a leather belt holster, it would be easy to rip off the curved protector taking it out and putting it in the holster. And the Whitestone doesn't impress me. So I'm going naked in a Spigen and leather belt holster.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
No Screen protector and so far no problems . I have never used a screen protector on any of my devices and never had problems on any of them. Maybe I've just been careful and lucky.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I put on the moment i got my Note 8, so i'm actually not sure if the sensitivity is reduced. But so far i have no issue using it at all. It just gives me a peace of mind and i do not have to handle it like i'm holding a delicate baby in my hands.

Also. i know i'm going to regret for sure if i dun put and got scratches on it. Just love my Note 8 too much

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084