Apple Music app says not compatible with device.

broderwd

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
I had it on my phone, accidentally deleted it, then went to put it back on a few days later and now it says my device is not compatible. Any idea how to fix this?

I have been all iPhones prior to the note 8 so i am not all caught up on how to fix little issues like this with android.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I recall someone saying they got this message when the phone first launched, but when I received mine a few days before launch - Apple Music worked totally fine and still works fine now. When i go to the Play Store through my computer, it says that it's compatible with some of my devices (it shows it's not compatible with my smartwatch, and old tablet I have, and also my desktop Android emulator) - but compatible with my phones.

I have AT&T if that helps any. Not sure why this message is happening for you. I can only think of uninstalling it and trying to install it again. When you uninstall, do you delete the app data first? I always do that, though I am not sure it does anything extra.

broderwd

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
It was working fine for me. I started messing around with the phone one day and ended up uninstalling it. Probably a week or so went by before i tried to put it back on the phone, and during that time a new update came out. Now i get the mix of it not being compatible with my phone, and then the one instance of it claiming it is already installed. I can not find any reference to apple at all on my phone, so any app data appears to be gone as well. I have the Sprit model phone as well.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I had it on my phone, accidentally deleted it, then went to put it back on a few days later and now it says my device is not compatible. Any idea how to fix this?

I have been all iPhones prior to the note 8 so i am not all caught up on how to fix little issues like this with android.
Change your resolution to hd+ then reboot and try again. It doesn't like some of the new resolutions. Once installed you can change your resolution back.

broderwd

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
Did not fix it. I also realized Amazon Prime Now is having the same issue. Is there a way to delete the Google Play Store cache to force it to reload my phone settings?

broderwd

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
Ok, i believe i fixed it. After deleting all cache from the store and services, i uninstalled updates to the google play store and i was able to redownload them both again.

itsrickthing

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Ok, i believe i fixed it. After deleting all cache from the store and services, i uninstalled updates to the google play store and i was able to redownload them both again.

My Note 8 recently did an OS update from AT&T, and Apple Music would not even install. I tried everything that everyone has suggested without luck.

I ended up resetting the phone back to factory default, then I was able to install the app again. Strange a very annoying, but atlas I have it working again.

Billy_Koch

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
I installed it this morning on my Note 8 and had no issues. (With Verizon) *Was happy to see Apple Music is supported on Android because everyone else in my family are iPhone users*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan