11-07-2017 06:19 PM
35 12
tools
    I have a question. I'm a master at using Samsung - have been since the Note 5 , S 7 Edge etc. That part I've got down.

I saw Citi bank as an approved bank for Samsung Pay, yet when I've tried to add my Besbt Buy Visa by Citi bank it says this is not yet supported. Maybe Citi has different versions or branches that are independent not sure.
    11-04-2017 04:50 PM
    I always use it when possible to collect the rewards points. Tonight at stopandshop I activated it as the cashier was getting ready for payment option and low and behold the scanner read the Samsung pay from my hand without having to put it up to the terminal it was awesome. I just noticed that if you use your master card 3 times by Nov 30 you get a 10 dollar Amazon gift card. Just activate the promotion in the SP app
    I just got my Amazon gift card today for this promo. ☺. I'm also at aboiut 3000 pts so edging towards my next $20 samsung visa reward.
    11-04-2017 04:52 PM
    I have a question. I'm a master at using Samsung - have been since the Note 5 , S 7 Edge etc. That part I've got down.

I saw Citi bank as an approved bank for Samsung Pay, yet when I've tried to add my Besbt Buy Visa by Citi bank it says this is not yet supported. Maybe Citi has different versions or branches that are independent not sure.
    I decided to go for it today. I am having the same issue with my bank debit cards. I called my bank, but have to wait till Monday to speak with someone in the department that handles this sort of thing.
    11-04-2017 04:55 PM
    I have found that Merchant branded credit cards like Sears Best Buy and others often will not work even though they are from the same bank like Chase and Citi Bank. Though some will.The exception that do work for me so far are Costco, United mileage plus.
    amyf27 likes this.
    11-04-2017 05:30 PM
    I have found that Merchant branded credit cards like Sears Best Buy and others often will not work even though they are from the same bank like Chase and Citi Bank. Though some will.The exception that do work for me so far are Costco, United mileage plus.
    I'm not too worried about it. My main bank card Huntington works and my Capital One card also works on it.
    11-04-2017 06:41 PM
    It's the absolute best. This really is an advantage for Samsung over their rivals. It can bee used ANYWHERE. I don't know how many times I'd go some place and the teller would try to say that it didn't work...until it did. Loved using that thing on my Note 5.
    11-04-2017 10:00 PM

I have two Costco city card accounts. One card, I installed myself without a hitch. The other card wouldn't without calling the phone number on the back of the card. Within an hour or so, it was successfully added to Samsung Pay.
    11-04-2017 10:12 PM

Costco Citi card works for me. It took about a month after the Amex transition for them to get it going.

Also, Samsung Pay works better in Costco than anywhere else. Just tell them no when they ask to swipe the card.
    amyf27 likes this.
    11-07-2017 04:28 PM
    Paypal Mastercard will not work. FYI.
    11-07-2017 06:14 PM
    Paypal Mastercard will not work. FYI.
    PayPal mastercard debit won't either. They're not approved yet thru Samsung Pay
    11-07-2017 06:19 PM
35 12