03-17-2019 12:07 PM
184 1234 ...
tools
    I've actually been wondering about what this means for Widgets. Since hearing about the Pixel burn in and now reading this thread, people are saying it's caused by static screens and images that don't move just like burn in is always caused by. Does that mean that widgets will cause burn in too because they generally stay in 1 spot and they are always on? I use an outlook widget, a weather widget, Windows Central and Android Central Widget, and a widget for my podcast app. Does that mean they are going to cause burn in? If so, this is screen technology that should never be used. If you can't use all the options an OS provides you then you shouldn't be making products for that OS. So if an OS has a a nav bar that is always on by default, has icons that are always on screen, and supports widgets that remain on and in 1 place, a product should not be released that can't support or handle those things. There is simply no excuse for it.
    11-04-2017 11:54 PM
    I've actually been wondering about what this means for Widgets. Since hearing about the Pixel burn in and now reading this thread, people are saying it's caused by static screens and images that don't move just like burn in is always caused by. Does that mean that widgets will cause burn in too because they generally stay in 1 spot and they are always on? I use an outlook widget, a weather widget, Windows Central and Android Central Widget, and a widget for my podcast app. Does that mean they are going to cause burn in? If so, this is screen technology that should never be used. If you can't use all the options an OS provides you then you shouldn't be making products for that OS. So if an OS has a a nav bar that is always on by default, has icons that are always on screen, and supports widgets that remain on and in 1 place, a product should not be released that can't support or handle those things. There is simply no excuse for it.
    No, you're fine. But if you leave your screen on, plugged in all night, at full brightness, there's going to be some sort of cumulative damage, no matter what screen technology is being used.

I've had no issue with the Note 8, only with the Pixel. Taking precautions with my replacement Pixel has made sure there were no issues.
    11-05-2017 12:02 AM
    I have screen burn in also. One of the posts suggests that we should not have our brightness all the way up. Excuse me but we paid $1000 for the phone. And, it shouldn't even matter how much we paid for the phone. Less than 3 months with the phone, there is absolutely no excuse for any priced phone to have burn-in at this short of time since purchase.

I am getting a warranty service that will take over 2 weeks, but I am not so sure this is a defect so much as it is a consequence of the design. I sure hope not and hope that I have a defect, but it just doesn't seem like that's the case. The samsung health/help center was having me do safe mode runs and i was like, this has nothing to do with safe mode or otherwise. It is burned in to the screen.

In my case, I have Gboard installed for the keyboard. Whenever I type something the google symbol shows up on the far left along with the bar to enter your text. The bar and the google symbol are burned in to the screen.

Good luck. I just wanted you to know that you're not the only one.
    w7sg likes this.
    11-07-2017 03:38 PM
    Can we see some pictures? Welcome to Android Central forums, I noticed this is your first post.
    j_hansen and SilasOne like this.
    11-07-2017 04:28 PM
    Zero for me
    11-07-2017 05:52 PM
    I have screen burn in also. One of the posts suggests that we should not have our brightness all the way up. Excuse me but we paid $1000 for the phone. And, it shouldn't even matter how much we paid for the phone. Less than 3 months with the phone, there is absolutely no excuse for any priced phone to have burn-in at this short of time since purchase.

I am getting a warranty service that will take over 2 weeks, but I am not so sure this is a defect so much as it is a consequence of the design. I sure hope not and hope that I have a defect, but it just doesn't seem like that's the case. The samsung health/help center was having me do safe mode runs and i was like, this has nothing to do with safe mode or otherwise. It is burned in to the screen.

In my case, I have Gboard installed for the keyboard. Whenever I type something the google symbol shows up on the far left along with the bar to enter your text. The bar and the google symbol are burned in to the screen.

Pics or it didn't happen.
    11-07-2017 10:54 PM
    Zero because I'm not dumb enough to leave my screen on full brightness because there is absolutely no need to - the full brightness is actually way too bright for me - I have my brightness on auto and right now it's about 10% up and it's fairly bright there. I don't understand why anyone would have their phone on full brightness. Just because it's there doesn't mean that you should do it and then go blame the manufacture for something you did. That is kind of ridiculous especially since it's common sense not to do it
    11-08-2017 06:36 AM
    I find it funny that any phone owner right now whether note, pixel, or iPhone X thinks that just because they paid a certain amount of money for a phone that something that is a normal occurrence with the technology being used happens that right away they have been wronged by the manufacturer. Now granted it shouldn't happen after a month with the pixel BUT if the screen brightness is all the way up, well realistically what do you expect? (Granted you understand the technology being used)
    11-08-2017 06:59 AM
    Not sure why you wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he created a profile to ask about this.

OP, you got a pick of this burn-in?
    No one is NOT giving him the benefit of the doubt. As much as our phones are the same, we know that there can be glitches.
    11-09-2017 10:58 AM

Not sure I get the "I paid X amount for this phone so..." argument.
    11-09-2017 04:01 PM
    Using the amount you paid as an excuse to abuse your product is not reasonable at all. You can't turn your brightness all the way up, leave your screen on for hours and expect it to just be fine. Neither can you take your phone, take the case off, and throw it as far as you can, while expecting it to not take any damage at all. If you run your device at its limits and beyond, you also need to expect that there may be adverse consequences.

Also, there is a red section in the brightness bar, just like there's a red tint to the latter end of the volume bar. Maybe if there was a warning that popped up every time for the brightness, like it does for the volume when you take it past a certain point, that would prevent screen burn in. I'm highly doubtful that's the case.
    SR45 likes this.
    11-09-2017 04:57 PM
    Not worried at all about this. I've been using amoled screens on samsung phones since the original galaxy note and I've never had a problem with burn in. I trust samsung.
    j_hansen, iSilas and tadpoles like this.
    11-10-2017 02:12 AM
    Still no pics.....
    11-10-2017 10:14 AM
    I'm talking with support now hopefully I can find a solution
    Don't let them B.S you out of a new phone.
    11-10-2017 01:02 PM
    Can we see some pictures? Welcome to Android Central forums, I noticed this is your first post.
    can't see it this way. This is from my daughter's phone. Brand New phone ordered, after dancing around a little.
    I know, you can't see it on the upload, but it is there.
    She sent that to me then I screenshot it and S pointed to it so it took away the clarity and detail burn in.
    It was where she watched YouTube at.
    I'll post better picture.
    scroll down further In posted a better picture.
    Attached Thumbnails note 8 screen burn in-screenshot_20171104-203321.jpg  
    11-10-2017 01:04 PM

Attached Thumbnails note 8 screen burn in-resized_20171110_141435.jpg  
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-10-2017 01:17 PM
    That's a better picture. Phone 7 weeks old.
    Unacceptable Samsung.
    Yes, a new phone is on the way.
    11-10-2017 01:18 PM
    11-10-2017 01:20 PM
    Not worried at all about this. I've been using amoled screens on samsung phones since the original galaxy note and I've never had a problem with burn in. I trust samsung.
    I trust them too, so much that they're given me a new phone or I'll send all my Samsung phones back.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-10-2017 01:21 PM
    Anyone having problems with burn in on their note 8? I've only had mine for about a month and some change but I'm already seeing really bad burn in
    Check out my daughter's phone. I have it now on her phone. But this is unacceptable. I gave her my phone to use, but Do not let them repair or BS you. It's where youtube box is located. She watched YouTube alot in between college classes. I could care less what she watched, there's no way a phone should do this this early.
    Demand a new phone.
    Her Brand new phone will be here Monday. Her note 8 is only 7 weeks owned.
    Settings fhd brightness was set at high. No auto.
    I don't give a rate *** what the settings are. This is a new freaking phone still.
    Like I told the tech, so I paid 940.00 for a phone I can't use as I please. I'm a come back Everytime for a new phone if this does this again. New one on its way. I checked, not refurbished, not rebuild, only new. I'll take all 3 of my phone's back if I didn't get a new one.
    11-10-2017 01:25 PM
    I can vouch for the you tube app causing screen burn. As it turns out this seems to be an inherent issue with the amoled screens. Had the same issue with the note 5 and now it's the same with the note 8. Got it just over a month ago.
    11-13-2017 08:05 AM
    I can vouch for the you tube app causing screen burn. As it turns out this seems to be an inherent issue with the amoled screens. Had the same issue with the note 5 and now it's the same with the note 8. Got it just over a month ago.
    It's just going to get worse, you're getting a new phone?
    11-13-2017 10:53 AM
    Anyone having problems with burn in on their note 8? I've only had mine for about a month and some change but I'm already seeing really bad burn in
    No problems with my note 8 whatsoever😀. How's the job going at Google btw?
    DARK Vader777 likes this.
    11-13-2017 01:30 PM
    No problems with my note 8 whatsoever😀. How's the job going at Google btw?
    He's telling the truth. My daughter has burn in on her screen, her phone will be here tomorrow, brand new phone. This should not happen after 8 weeks of use. Here's my proof, and I didn't believe it either.. Unacceptable by Samsung!
    Attached Thumbnails note 8 screen burn in-resized_20171110_141435.jpg  
    11-13-2017 04:22 PM
    He's telling the truth. My daughter has burn in on her screen, her phone will be here tomorrow, brand new phone. This should not happen after 8 weeks of use. Here's my proof, and I didn't believe it either.. Unacceptable by Samsung!

I'm sorry, but I can't see anything in that image. Probably more obvious in person.
    11-13-2017 04:58 PM
184 1234 ...