03-17-2019 12:07 PM
184 12345 ...
tools
    I'm sorry, but I can't see anything in that image. Probably more obvious in person.
    You see the white at the top? That's where youtube opens up and plays. At the bottom it's yellow, that's where people comment at.

To give you a more defined picture I loaded up the
    S Note screen and just left it a blank page. That whole page should be completely White so don't tell me you cannot see that there's burn in right there?
    here it is again
    Attached Thumbnails note 8 screen burn in-screenshot_20171113-211606.jpg  
    11-13-2017 08:16 PM
    I'm sorry, but I can't see anything in that image. Probably more obvious in person.
    Go to Page 3 of post
    11-13-2017 08:20 PM
    This is burn in. You can see the nav bar burned in to the screen. This was caused on my Pixel from the nav bar, not disappearing, while running Maps all day at high brightness.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7ce9cd7a70.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9f48082776.jpg
    Back when I had an AMOLED screen I was paranoid after seeing display models burned in. When I use turn by turn navigation like Google Maps, I always shut off the screen and just listen to the voice. After all switching to LG's IPS LCD display, I leave the screen on all day.
    11-13-2017 09:42 PM
    You see the white at the top? That's where youtube opens up and plays. At the bottom it's yellow, that's where people comment at.

S Note screen and just left it a blank page. That whole page should be completely White so don't tell me you cannot see that there's burn in right there?
    here it is again
    Did you set the brightness very high, and watched the video for over an hour at a time? Next time just watch full screen to avoid burn in. But watermarks might burn in anyway so IDK.
    11-13-2017 09:43 PM
    Did you set the brightness very high, and watched the video for over an hour at a time? Next time just watch full screen to avoid burn in. But watermarks might burn in anyway so IDK.
    This was my daughter's phone and yes Fhd and brightness on high, but it's only 7 weeks old.
    I talked to Samsung and needed an explanation.
    Transfer here transferred there. Finally I said I demand a new phone or you can have all three back.
    My phone is set at full brightness fhd, but no burn in.
    Her New phone will be here tomorrow, and Samsung's technical department needed that phone back Asap, attention, technical dept. 7 week old phone? Not buying it, If I see it again, I will package all 3 of these phones and send them back to Samsung.
    Unacceptable.
    My S6 edge plus after a year there was a little, but its somewhat expected to have some burn in after 18 months.
    Stay tuned.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-13-2017 11:54 PM

here it is again
    Ah got it! Now that you explained it, I just thought that the yellow tint was normal. Good god that is horrible burn-in!
    neoberry99 and SR45 like this.
    11-14-2017 10:43 AM
    Ah got it! Now that you explained it, I just thought that the yellow tint was normal. Good god that is horrible burn-in!
    With all due respect, I said the same thing you did. Then I asked my daughter about her phone? As long as its working, happy, happy right? After getting her to do a couple of things and getting her friends to verify it. I had to go and pick it up, it just stressed me out until I saw it myself.

No one defends Sammy more than me.
    New phone will be here any minute. I shouldn't have to watch my settings with only 7 weeks of use. $900.00
    Samsung can watch the settings. My phone and my wife's are fine. Both are set at full brightness fhd.
    Hopefully it's just her phone and this goes away.
    Stay tuned.
    God bless and enjoy
    11-14-2017 11:49 AM
    He's telling the truth. My daughter has burn in on her screen, her phone will be here tomorrow, brand new phone. This should not happen after 8 weeks of use. Here's my proof, and I didn't believe it either.. Unacceptable by Samsung!
    If you're not happy....take it back😁I can only go by my experience & my screen is generally set to about 50% with qhd
    SilasOne and SR45 like this.
    11-14-2017 01:59 PM
    It's just going to get worse, you're getting a new phone?
    I'm gunning for a new phone. The service center executives basically think that it's alright to provide a screen replacement and be done with it. But I find that unacceptable. Other than the fact that it shouldn't happen in a few months of use there's also the fortnight that they would take to fix the screen. Samsung service here in India is a nightmare to get around.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-19-2017 08:00 PM
    I'm gunning for a new phone. The service center executives basically think that it's alright to provide a screen replacement and be done with it. But I find that unacceptable. Other than the fact that it shouldn't happen in a few months of use there's also the fortnight that they would take to fix the screen. Samsung service here in India is a nightmare to get around.
    These phone's just came out and that's what they wanna do, repair the screen?
    You tell them to repair the screen, but I demand a new phone. Not Refurbished, not rebuilt, not repaired, I want a new one.
    Unacceptable for this to happen this early.
    Samsung support first told me and I quote "Screen
    (burn in) isn't uncommon with the screen over a period of time, you may even get it after a few months of use. Reduce your brightness down 25% and run it in fhd". Tha Fu???
    And I unquote.
    I told him to get his manager or supervisor on the phone or I will pack all 3 of these phone's up and drive to Maywood, NJ and leave them there.
    The phone is 7 weeks old
    "We can repair"
    I JUST HUNG UP.
    Drove to my carrier and showed the technician and he couldn't believe it.
    (Burn in) this early not good
    regardless of settings,
    (burn in) shouldn't occur in a phone 7 freaking weeks born.
    Cut to the chase.
    New phone sent courtesy of Samsung no charges. Got also a free Gear 360 camera, I guess as an apology of some sort.
    I'm pissed now because my daughter took the camera.
    Get a new phone bro.
    Best wishes bro
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-19-2017 09:31 PM
    These phone's just came out and that's what they wanna do, repair the screen?
    You tell them to repair the screen, but I demand a new phone. Not Refurbished, not rebuilt, not repaired, I want a new one.
    Unacceptable for this to happen this early.
    Samsung support first told me and I quote "Screen
    (burn in) isn't uncommon with the screen over a period of time, you may even get it after a few months of use. Reduce your brightness down 25% and run it in fhd". Tha Fu???
    And I unquote.
    I told him to get his manager or supervisor on the phone or I will pack all 3 of these phone's up and drive to Maywood, NJ and leave them there.
    The phone is 7 weeks old
    "We can repair"
    I JUST HUNG UP.
    Drove to my carrier and showed the technician and he couldn't believe it.
    (Burn in) this early not good
    regardless of settings,
    (burn in) shouldn't occur in a phone 7 freaking weeks born.
    Cut to the chase.
    New phone sent courtesy of Samsung no charges. Got also a free Gear 360 camera, I guess as an apology of some sort.
    I'm pissed now because my daughter took the camera.
    Get a new phone bro.
    Best wishes bro
    Why did they decided to give u the phone for free at the end? lol could have dont it sooner..
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-20-2017 01:01 AM
    Don't get me Started on Samsung customer service, 9 hours I waited at home to get my phone picked up to go in for warranty repair and no one showed to pick it up, same today, all they will give is a 9 hour time slot and an *I'm sorry.. We understand *
    11-20-2017 06:43 AM
    Sorry to hear that you are dealing with burn in. With smiled screens you have to be cognizant of burn in leaving static images on your screen leaving your screen on in high brightness. Yal
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-20-2017 07:00 AM
    Not worried at all about this. I've been using amoled screens on samsung phones since the original galaxy note and I've never had a problem with burn in. I trust samsung.
    Ditto but I never max out the brightness either - it would be hard to even look at! I just leave the brightness pretty low (which also saves the battery) and on auto so it self adjusts...
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-20-2017 07:11 AM
    Ditto but I never max out the brightness either - it would be hard to even look at! I just leave the brightness pretty low (which also saves the battery) and on auto so it self adjusts...
    I don't use auto brightness but I also like to keep the brightness no higher than 30 % unless I'm in very bright sunlight but that is very rare here in the UK!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-20-2017 08:17 AM
    Why did they decided to give u the phone for free at the end? lol could have dont it sooner..
    They wanted me to send my phone in to be repaired. On a 7 week old phone, my carriers technicians said this shouldn't happen this early. I have insurance and to change the screen it would of cost 260.00.
    Lol
    My screen wasn't broken.
    Samsung wanted to have a look see for themselves.
    I sent them emails and still they insisted on evaluating the issue.
    I have 3 note 8's and one with burn in already, unacceptable after 7 weeks.
    I told them they can have the phone, just send me a new one or you can have all 3 back.
    I received a Brand New phone, checked the serial number out and it is a new one not a refurbished one.
    And I got a gear 360 camera.
    I had an s6 edge plus for 2 years and I didn't see burn in until about a year and a half later.
    I'm very happy. If my daughter broke her screen then fine. The technician from Samsung said ”keep settings for brightness around 50 to 75%, on my new 900.00 phone. Unacceptable!!!!!!!!
    Siddharth Swarup likes this.
    11-20-2017 01:29 PM
    I have mine around 35 - 65% most of the time. Use it rather heavily all day. No screen issues and I've had it since Sept 7.
    11-23-2017 05:25 PM
    I have mine around 35 - 65% most of the time. Use it rather heavily all day. No screen issues and I've had it since Sept 7.
    I'm the same, around 35 to 50%, plenty...
    100% is a max possible and could not be comfortable to use all the time
    11-23-2017 05:32 PM
    You will get burn in if you keep your screen on for long periods at a time with a static image. My friends S8 has serious burn in cuz he had his screen set to turn off after 10 min of inactivity so when he sets it down on his desk is just stays on and his home screen is burned into the screen. So if he checks his phone once in awhile when it's on his desk it can potentially stay on for a long time. This is what people need to keep in mind with these amoled or oled displays. It's not a defective screen but user error.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-23-2017 07:42 PM
    I'm the same, around 35 to 50%, plenty...
    100% is a max possible and could not be comfortable to use all the time
    Question, I've read a few of your post and appreciate your input. Do you think that's acceptable on a 900.00 phone to have to minimize the brightness to avoid burn in? I'm 55 and my eyes aren't what they use to be, with that being said, should it make a difference?
    I heard 2 techs from Sammy say it should not happen especially within 7 weeks of ownership.
    Then my carrier said no way you should have burn in regardless of your settings this early.
    Then a support tech contacted me an told me that it Burn in is quite possible after about 6 months of use.
    I'm paying the money, I should set the settings on whatever I need to to use the phone..
    Why not set the limit on brightness at 50% and calling that Samsungs Full brightness setting.
    I'll answer.
    Because the phones wouldn't sell.
    Respectfully what's your input as regards to the settings. Should a 900.00 phone have a restriction on the settings for brightness?
    Manson79 and donm527 like this.
    11-23-2017 08:05 PM
    Question, I've read a few of your post and appreciate your input. Do you think that's acceptable on a 900.00 phone to have to minimize the brightness to avoid burn in? I'm 55 and my eyes aren't what they use to be, with that being said, should it make a difference?
    I heard 2 techs from Sammy say it should not happen especially within 7 weeks of ownership.
    Then my carrier said no way you should have burn in regardless of your settings this early.
    Then a support tech contacted me an told me that it Burn in is quite possible after about 6 months of use.
    I'm paying the money, I should set the settings on whatever I need to to use the phone..
    Why not set the limit on brightness at 50% and calling that Samsungs Full brightness setting.
    I'll answer.
    Because the phones wouldn't sell.
    Respectfully what's your input as regards to the settings. Should a 900.00 phone have a restriction on the settings for brightness?
    Keep the brightness settings how you want it. Just be mindful not to keep a static image on the screen for long periods at a time. When Samsung techs or carrier reps tell you shouldn't get burn in this early of having the phone is not true. It all depends on how you use it.
    donm527 and jimd1050 like this.
    11-25-2017 11:04 AM
    Zero because I'm not dumb enough to leave my screen on full brightness because there is absolutely no need to - the full brightness is actually way too bright for me - I have my brightness on auto and right now it's about 10% up and it's fairly bright there. I don't understand why anyone would have their phone on full brightness. Just because it's there doesn't mean that you should do it and then go blame the manufacture for something you did. That is kind of ridiculous especially since it's common sense not to do it
    mmmm, i think you are pretty dumb if you're making a statement like. just because YOU don't leave your screen on full brightness, doesn't mean other people don't. pretty sure thats why there is a screen brightness adjustment
    donm527 likes this.
    11-25-2017 12:11 PM
    I have screen burn in also. One of the posts suggests that we should not have our brightness all the way up. Excuse me but we paid $1000 for the phone. And, it shouldn't even matter how much we paid for the phone. Less than 3 months with the phone, there is absolutely no excuse for any priced phone to have burn-in at this short of time since purchase.

exactly...
    donm527 and jimd1050 like this.
    11-25-2017 12:12 PM
    Using the amount you paid as an excuse to abuse your product is not reasonable at all. You can't turn your brightness all the way up, leave your screen on for hours and expect it to just be fine. Neither can you take your phone, take the case off, and throw it as far as you can, while expecting it to not take any damage at all. If you run your device at its limits and beyond, you also need to expect that there may be adverse consequences.

Also, there is a red section in the brightness bar, just like there's a red tint to the latter end of the volume bar. Maybe if there was a warning that popped up every time for the brightness, like it does for the volume when you take it past a certain point, that would prevent screen burn in. I'm highly doubtful that's the case.
    are you high??? how can you equate turning your phone on full brightness with throwing your phone as far as you can?????

Why would anybody expect burn in by turning the phone up to full brightness?? so what should we turn it to? 60%? 70%? 80%? 90%????

if samsung puts a slider there all levels should be acceptable. to call turning your phone to full brightness abuse is is retarded. if samsung know about burn in they they shouldnt allow the phone to be turned up that high. PERIOD!!

I have had burn in and they replaced my phone under warranty. why would they replace it under warranty if i abused my phone? they admitted fault, said it shouldnt have happened and sent me a brand new phone. would they have done that if i threw my unprotected phone as far as i could?
    donm527 likes this.
    11-25-2017 12:18 PM
    Mod Note: please keep the discussion civil and on topic.
    11-25-2017 12:26 PM
184 12345 ...