note 8 screen burn in

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I contacted over chat through Samsung+ and they suggested me to the phone for repair to closest Bestbuy Samsung experience. How long will they take to replace screen?

diagoro

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I contacted over chat through Samsung+ and they suggested me to the phone for repair to closest Bestbuy Samsung experience. How long will they take to replace screen?

With ubrealifix they were able to replace the screen in a couple of hours. The only aspect I didn't like was having to give them my phones password (they said they needed to unlock the phone in order to test everything). Seems to me there should be some kind of administrator log in where ALL my personal info isn't compromised.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I was using Google maps for my daily commute and the burn in clearly indicated maps navigation. This is unfortunate. I think this can happen again even if these guys fix now. Am not feeling comfortable with OLED anymore. :(

Thanosrex

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Note 8 about 6 months and yes I've had screen burn.
I did have my brightness up high, but still didn't expect this to happen. Samsung asked my to take it to a samsung repair centre and get it repaired under warranty - which I did.
I know have the brightness on auto and turned low, also have it switching off after 1 min.
Let's see how it goes.

Strangely enough I had the same issue on my SG8+, had that repaired as well under warranty. Gave that to the missus when I got my N8, but have noticed that the screen burn and happened again in the SG8+, not happy.

Worst thing i that i have always have a skin on the back to keep it clean and have now twice had to take it off and throw away to get the screen fixed....
Seriously thinking about my next phone not being a sammy.

triscuit22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have really bad burn in. Got my phone a little bit after it came out. I can see icons and keyboard all the time.

My issue is....i have a small crack on the side of my screen. Would they reject my warranty claim as a result if i went to Ubreakifix to have it fixed?

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I hope note 10 comes with LCD screen option which I don't believe myself. Though I love AMOLED (my home TV is also AMOLED), I think on phones not a great idea after my screen burn in experience.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Note 8 about 6 months and yes I've had screen burn.
I did have my brightness up high, but still didn't expect this to happen. Samsung asked my to take it to a samsung repair centre and get it repaired under warranty - which I did.
I know have the brightness on auto and turned low, also have it switching off after 1 min.
Let's see how it goes.

Strangely enough I had the same issue on my SG8+, had that repaired as well under warranty. Gave that to the missus when I got my N8, but have noticed that the screen burn and happened again in the SG8+, not happy.

Worst thing i that i have always have a skin on the back to keep it clean and have now twice had to take it off and throw away to get the screen fixed....
Seriously thinking about my next phone not being a sammy.
Most or all high end phones will use some sort of OLED screen so burn in is always a possibility. Like you stated after your first time is to always use auto brightness and your screen time out after a minute is a good idea too. I've been using the same settings on all my devices and never have had burn-in issues.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I've got a question... how do u detect a burn in?

On mine, when the screen has a mostly white background, I can see "shadows" of the home screen icons and status bar.

Odd thing, the one screen I'm on the least, is the home screen. When I'm done doing what I'm doing, I turn off the screen, I never let it time out. I never, ever let the phone sit with the home screen displayed. Yet that's what burnt in.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there this burn in problem for Note 5 and below?

I have been using Samsung S4 for 5 years and there is no burn in problem, not sure why technology is getting worse. What has changed? I thought it was the same super amoled.

zebra23

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon, had to warranty mine out 2 months ago. Tired of seeing the red Verizon background. No issue with replacement phone or the return process.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

I have been using Samsung S4 for 5 years and there is no burn in problem, not sure why technology is getting worse. What has changed? I thought it was the same super amoled.

Actually the newer screens are supposed to be even less susceptible to burn in than older ones. The only time I ever saw burn in was on the original Galaxy S

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I'd be interested in seeing an actual picture of your screen, most people I talk to about it haven't noticed it (no idea how) but when I point it out it's blatenly obvious and then can't unsee it. AMOLED screens from 5 yrs ago are pretty much guaranteed to have screen burn in regardless of how it was used.

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 8 from Xfinity Mobile with burn in as well from one of my games. Look at the bottom of the screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180825-145403_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180825-145403_Chrome.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 40

Harleyuki

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I haven't noticed any 'burn in' on my Note 8 but have in previous versions of Galaxy 6, 5 and 4. Mine were all across the top - most part of the screen, the Notification Bar.

Harleyuki

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
When I read about screen burn in, I always wonder and I think it would help us to know at what brightness level you set your phone at and if at FHD+ or QWHD+ resolution? Wondering if max brightness and resolution is just degrading the panel.

I personally have mine at 50% brightness and FHD+ resolution bought at pre launch and luckily screen doing fine.
I have mine at less than 50% brightness on automatic. I don't notice any burn in, have had my Note 8 for more than a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech