note 8 screen burn in

Kingbelial

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
Anyone having problems with burn in on their note 8? I've only had mine for about a month and some change but I'm already seeing really bad burn in

themusicmonkey

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
at&t model, it's bad the navbar has burned in and I can see the imprint from Pandora's play/pause buttons
How high do you run your brightness? I learned from the Pixel to not run brightness high, especially with a stock nav bar, and that's why the Pixel 2 is also having issues. Using navigation all day for my job really tests the screen endurance, and so do games/apps that don't hide the bar, keep the screen on, and/or have static buttons on screen.

Samsung's Nav Bar functionality is a lot better, but you'll still have issues with higher brightness. I run my brightness at 30-50% with no issues.

Call customer support, and tell them about your issue. They'll run you through the usual resetting phone, power cycling, factory resetting, etc. But tell them you've already completed those steps and it's a hardware issue. They should send you a replacement.

For the Pixel, I actually installed an app to make the nav bar stay away unless I swiped up from the bottom, which could be an issue with Samsung Pay triggering...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
at&t model, it's bad the navbar has burned in and I can see the imprint from Pandora's play/pause buttons
Wow that's a defect. I've had mine since Sept 7 and use it all day. No issues. I'd contact them for warranty replacement. What brightness do you usually use. I keep mine about half way sometimes more for short periods of time, but 50 % about 97% of the day

themusicmonkey

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's a defect. I've had mine since Sept 7 and use it all day. No issues. I'd contact them for warranty replacement. What brightness do you usually use. I keep mine about half way sometimes more for short periods of time, but 50 % about 97% of the day
It's not necessarily a defect if his screen never turns off while playing Pandora, and/or his brightness is all the up. Pandora has static buttons on screen, so it can contribute to burn in easily.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Both note 8's here running excellent and absolutely no screen burn in.
Installed Navbar apps on both phone's from the play store, and still none.
I keep my settings at @fhd
hers @WQHD no screen burn in

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but you may be onto something. I have navbar apps and that uses a darker profile according to the app you're using. If that doesn't give you screen burn-in nothing will. Standby for the haters to approach.

themusicmonkey

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm talking with support now hopefully I can find a solution
Just remember, you'll save a lot of time if you tell them you already did all the usual troubleshooting (power cycle and factory reset). Its up to you whether you actually do it or not. That's just part of their procedure.

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have brightness set around 50%. I have had the phone for a little over a month now and I don't have any issues. I do have my Navbar set to hide.

themusicmonkey

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain what burn in is? Do you have a pic?
This is burn in. You can see the nav bar burned in to the screen. This was caused on my Pixel from the nav bar, not disappearing, while running Maps all day at high brightness.

89977cb509190e95dba07a7ce9cd7a70.jpg
fd64543a2da81bf23147449f48082776.jpg

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why you wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he created a profile to ask about this.

OP, you got a pick of this burn-in?

Last edited by a moderator:

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I cant even count how many of these threads i have seen where people ask about burn in since the inception of these amoled screens, going way back to samsung omnia and nexus phones. Its inherent to this technology when a static image is displayed over long periods of times. Its not an issues for normal users. If your use case involves displaying of a static image for lomg periods, steer clear of amoled screens period.