03-17-2019 12:07 PM
184 123 ...
tools
    Anyone having problems with burn in on their note 8? I've only had mine for about a month and some change but I'm already seeing really bad burn in
    jackjack1969 likes this.
    11-02-2017 03:34 PM
    Anyone having problems with burn in on their note 8? I've only had mine for about a month and some change but I'm already seeing really bad burn in
    Not a bit. What version do you have
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-02-2017 03:35 PM
    at&t model, it's bad the navbar has burned in and I can see the imprint from Pandora's play/pause buttons
    11-02-2017 03:43 PM
    at&t model, it's bad the navbar has burned in and I can see the imprint from Pandora's play/pause buttons
    How high do you run your brightness? I learned from the Pixel to not run brightness high, especially with a stock nav bar, and that's why the Pixel 2 is also having issues. Using navigation all day for my job really tests the screen endurance, and so do games/apps that don't hide the bar, keep the screen on, and/or have static buttons on screen.

Samsung's Nav Bar functionality is a lot better, but you'll still have issues with higher brightness. I run my brightness at 30-50% with no issues.

Call customer support, and tell them about your issue. They'll run you through the usual resetting phone, power cycling, factory resetting, etc. But tell them you've already completed those steps and it's a hardware issue. They should send you a replacement.

For the Pixel, I actually installed an app to make the nav bar stay away unless I swiped up from the bottom, which could be an issue with Samsung Pay triggering...
    jimd1050 and SR45 like this.
    11-02-2017 03:55 PM
    Wow that's a defect. I've had mine since Sept 7 and use it all day. No issues. I'd contact them for warranty replacement. What brightness do you usually use. I keep mine about half way sometimes more for short periods of time, but 50 % about 97% of the day
    11-02-2017 03:56 PM
    Wow that's a defect. I've had mine since Sept 7 and use it all day. No issues. I'd contact them for warranty replacement. What brightness do you usually use. I keep mine about half way sometimes more for short periods of time, but 50 % about 97% of the day
    It's not necessarily a defect if his screen never turns off while playing Pandora, and/or his brightness is all the up. Pandora has static buttons on screen, so it can contribute to burn in easily.
    amyf27, SR45 and JHStewart1023 like this.
    11-02-2017 03:59 PM
    Both note 8's here running excellent and absolutely no screen burn in.
    Installed Navbar apps on both phone's from the play store, and still none.
    I keep my settings at @fhd
    hers @WQHD no screen burn in
    11-02-2017 04:03 PM
    Both note 8's here running excellent and absolutely no screen burn in.
    Installed Navbar apps on both phone's from the play store, and still none.
    I keep my settings at @fhd
    hers @WQHD no screen burn in
    What about brightness settings? Auto on?
    11-02-2017 04:06 PM
    I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but you may be onto something. I have navbar apps and that uses a darker profile according to the app you're using. If that doesn't give you screen burn-in nothing will. Standby for the haters to approach.
    11-02-2017 04:18 PM
    I'm talking with support now hopefully I can find a solution
    11-02-2017 04:21 PM
    Just remember, you'll save a lot of time if you tell them you already did all the usual troubleshooting (power cycle and factory reset). Its up to you whether you actually do it or not. That's just part of their procedure.
    11-02-2017 04:42 PM
    I have brightness set around 50%. I have had the phone for a little over a month now and I don't have any issues. I do have my Navbar set to hide.
    toenail_flicker and tadpoles like this.
    11-02-2017 04:43 PM
    I have had mine since sept 6th no problems at all
    Jewels81 and toenail_flicker like this.
    11-02-2017 04:50 PM
    How about a picture or screenshot of this problem?
    11-02-2017 05:02 PM
    nah not trolling bud, I usually have my brightness around 60-70%
    Can you explain what burn in is? Do you have a pic?
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-02-2017 05:06 PM
    Can you explain what burn in is? Do you have a pic?
    This is burn in. You can see the nav bar burned in to the screen. This was caused on my Pixel from the nav bar, not disappearing, while running Maps all day at high brightness.

SR45 likes this.
    11-02-2017 06:04 PM
    You do know you can hide the nav bar right?

Had mine since September 5th, no burn in at all.
    amyf27, Jewels81, srvctec and 1 others like this.
    11-02-2017 07:42 PM
    I have an AT&T, haven't noticed it.
    jimd1050 and H3aTeRzz like this.
    11-03-2017 11:20 AM
    Not sure why you wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he created a profile to ask about this.

OP, you got a pick of this burn-in?
    11-03-2017 11:57 AM
    I cant even count how many of these threads i have seen where people ask about burn in since the inception of these amoled screens, going way back to samsung omnia and nexus phones. Its inherent to this technology when a static image is displayed over long periods of times. Its not an issues for normal users. If your use case involves displaying of a static image for lomg periods, steer clear of amoled screens period.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-03-2017 05:30 PM
    What about brightness settings? Auto on?
    Brightness always on max.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    11-03-2017 07:13 PM
    any success?
    11-03-2017 07:15 PM
    Not sure why you wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he created a profile to ask about this.

OP, you got a pick of this burn-in?
    I have 2 note 8's and one with my daughter's away.
    S8 note has been out for awhile, and he did say he had really bad burn in.
    I have none, hardly any postings about the note 8 having burn in.
    Now, if it shows up in 6 months, it's quite possible.
    And Respectively,
    with the other manufactures having screen problems, you always get the hater out there to come and bring negative attention to the competition. i.e. Samsung

First thing, I would be at the place where I bought it.
    And 2 a screenshot would help for assurance.
    So like I said, I always give people the benefit of the doubt. And yes, if he needs help, nobody can help here, after he has burn in.
    That's why I said has he been or contacted his place of purchase.

O.P. again,
    you contacted your place of purchase?
    you have a warranty?
    How long you had this phone?
    I would ask you about settings, but I have both ours running Navbar Apps @full screen brightness Fhd and the ole lady's full screen brightness WQHD.

Anyone else, maybe some suggestions for the O.P.
    j_hansen likes this.
    11-03-2017 07:38 PM
    I'll apologize for my troll comment that was deleted by Android Central.
    Let's be honest though... If anyone of us had "really bad burn in" on our $1,000 Note 8 within a month, we would be slamming it down at the register of where we purchased it and demanding a new one. We wouldn't be on Android Central looking for a cheap fix.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-04-2017 07:14 PM
    I'll apologize for my troll comment that was deleted by Android Central.
    Let's be honest though... If anyone of us had "really bad burn in" on our $1,000 Note 8 within a month, we would be slamming it down at the register of where we purchased it and demanding a new one. We wouldn't be on Android Central looking for a cheap fix.
    But it does help others in similar situations or to help prevent it from happening, IF it's true
    amyf27 and H3aTeRzz like this.
    11-04-2017 09:04 PM
184 123 ...