Does using Nova Launcher on the Note 8 hinder performance?

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Nova on ever phone or tablet I have owned for the last 7 years until the Note 8. I still have it installed, but I like the looks of TouchWiz better so I use it more .

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I was a dedicated Nova user on my last phone (Note 3) for five years and loved it. But ever time I get a new phone I try really hard to make due with as many of the stock apps as I can. I used TouchWiz for a few weeks and found it to be a decent enough launcher to the point I was considering keeping it. But there is a gap at the top of the screen with TW that drove me crazy that I could not configure my way out of with widgets (no real re-sizing) so I went back to Nova gladly. I now love having my gesture launching back along with much better configuration abilities. The only thing I truly miss about TW was the cool 3D effect of the wallpaper and widgets. That was neat. I have noticed no difference in performance between the two.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I truly miss about TW was the cool 3D effect of the wallpaper and widgets. That was neat. I have noticed no difference in performance between the two.

If you get the Pixel2 live wallpapers (using the Google wallpaper app) it gives a slight 3D motion effect.

anon(881307)

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Been running Nova for years on all my phones..love it..and want switch back..I have the note 8 now..and that sucker is fast...the main thing I love about Nova is the lock screen...got to have it.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think you're thinking of WidgetLocker.... Is that still in existence?

wow taking me wayyy back but no. He's perfectly describing the lock desktop feature in Nova. It locks the desktop so you cant accidentally longpress widgets or app icons. Ive taken my phone out of my pocket several times and my music widget is on a new page and the clock is on the page where my Google Keep widget usually is. It can be a mess sometimes. Great feature if you are really settled on your layout and dont want to screw it up by accident.

NeoGrandizer

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I honestly didn't give TW a chance. Only used it briefly while testing the phone to make sure things were working before adding/customizing the settings and apps. Once that was done, Nova Prime was the first thing I installed and defaulted to. LOL

I still love Nova Prime. :)

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I honestly didn't give TW a chance. Only used it briefly while testing the phone to make sure things were working before adding/customizing the settings and apps. Once that was done, Nova Prime was the first thing I installed and defaulted to. LOL

I still love Nova Prime. :)
Me too!

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I gave TW a good run. It's vastly improved from earlier days, but Nova Prime is so much better. Add the Google companion and Sesame Shortcuts and you'll never look back.