1. Why doesn't smart stay work for me? Like I'm looking right at the screen and it still goes off.. Is it my dark complexion?

2. Why does YouTube not auto rotate sometimes? I cant figure out why is works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.
    11-05-2017 03:02 AM
    1. Why doesn't smart stay work for me? Like I'm looking right at the screen and it still goes off.. Is it my dark complexion?

2. Why does YouTube not auto rotate sometimes? I cant figure out why is works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.
    1. I have no idea, I have always turns this off so nice the Galaxy S3 days.
    2. This seems to be a problem between TouchWiz and YouTube, even in my old S7 Edge I'd find that I'd have to go in and out of the video every now and then for it to rotate, very odd. I'm not sure if this affects other phones.
    11-05-2017 04:09 AM
    doesn't work for me perfectly either, no idea why, it should. so that rules out skin complexion.

I think it checks for your eyes anyway so it you were looking in the direction of the screen but not at it, it would go off. not sure why it's not working well yet.
    11-05-2017 07:59 AM
    doesn't work for me perfectly either, no idea why, it should. so that rules out skin complexion.

I think it checks for your eyes anyway so it you were looking in the direction of the screen but not at it, it would go off. not sure why it's not working well yet.
    Are you using a 3rd party launcher? Like nova?
    11-07-2017 01:26 AM

I'm almost positive its because of not using touchwiz
    11-07-2017 01:41 AM
    I'm almost positive its because of not using touchwiz
    Stock everything, vzw. Never have even installed another launcher (yes which would be a topic for a different thread!).

Happens with glasses off. Although I will say that last night I was in an elevator when it went off and it wasn't all that bright in there, and the config screen does mention it needs to be well lit for the feature to work.. But maybe well lit means really well lit.

Even turned it off then back on and have multiple reboots over the past 2 weeks since getting the phone.
    11-07-2017 06:26 AM
    Stock everything, vzw. Never have even installed another launcher (yes which would be a topic for a different thread!).

Happens with glasses off. Although I will say that last night I was in an elevator when it went off and it wasn't all that bright in there, and the config screen does mention it needs to be well lit for the feature to work.. But maybe well lit means really well lit.

Even turned it off then back on and have multiple reboots over the past 2 weeks since getting the phone.
    Yeah i just dont know why it doesn't work
    11-08-2017 05:32 PM
    [QUOTE=Stealthieone;6054646]1. Why doesn't smart stay work for me? Like I'm looking right at the screen and it still goes off.. Is it my dark complexion?

Would be nice to stretch the screen on youtube, according to whatever length you want it.
    Ex. Pull on status bar until video is moved down further.
    Shouldn't have to turn the screen sideways everytime just to get a larger view of the video you're watching.
    Just a thought.
    Had to cross out stuff because of YouTube copyright, sorry. You can see the status travel bar. I wish they made this so you could pull down at least halfway.
    Attached Thumbnails Just 2 annoying issues.. Smart stay and youtube-screenshot_20171109-181225.jpg  
    11-09-2017 05:13 PM