How to exclude 'Gallery' from Samsung Cloud sync

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi all. :)

I'd like to stop my Note 8 from syncing images and videos with the Samsung cloud because I have a very slow upload speed when connected to my home broadband and it would take literally days to upload all my pictures and videos. I just backup my pictures and videos to my PC.

I went to the Samsung Cloud 'Backup settings' with the intention of deselecting 'Gallery', however 'Gallery isn't listed.

Screenshot_20171105-185622.jpg

So, does this mean that my pictures and videos are not being synced to the cloud anyway? Or are pictures and videos included in one of the other sections listed, like documents?

Please can you help?

Many thanks in advance. :)

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. :)

I'd like to stop my Note 8 from syncing images and videos with the Samsung cloud because I have a very slow upload speed when connected to my home broadband and it would take literally days to upload all my pictures and videos. I just backup my pictures and videos to my PC.

I went to the Samsung Cloud 'Backup settings' with the intention of deselecting 'Gallery', however 'Gallery isn't listed.

View attachment 273065

So, does this mean that my pictures and videos are not being synced to the cloud anyway? Or are pictures and videos included in one of the other sections listed, like documents?

Please can you help?

Many thanks in advance. :)

No, your pictures and vids aren't being synced or backed up.

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
No, your picture's and vids aren't being synced or backed up.

Excellent! Thanks Heavens1. :)

Now to find out why gallery isn't available to select on the list. I know I don't want to sync the gallery but I'd like to know why its not on the list. :)

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
This time I'll attach the pic, lol

Edit
I also disallow photos sync/upload in Dropbox, OneNote and Mega.

Attachments

• 2502.jpg
    2502.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 7

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok.. so i went to gallery settings and disabled sync. Went back to samsung cloud in main settings and it now shows sync being disabled.

Screenshot_20171105-195625.jpg

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
So is that what you wanted to clarify? That if you wanted to sync you would tap at that point, and that it's not currently on, so no data is being sent.

It was on until i went into gallery settings and turned it off. Sorry I cant keep up with all the replies. :D

everway9

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Just it would have been much easier from the start if gallery was one of the selections on the list in the main cloud settings.

This list :D
Screenshot_20171105-200221.jpg

But anyway. Gallery is not being synced anymore and thats what I wanted.

Thank you both. ;)

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Just it would have been much easier from the start if gallery was one of the selections on the list in the main cloud settings.

This list :D
View attachment 273075

But anyway. Gallery is not being synced anymore and thats what I wanted.

Thank you both. ;)

yeah, i wondered abut that too, but, they're the back up settings, and photos were part of the 'sync' settings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Samsung has defined a difference between them .....