This probably is the best non glass screen protector to date (but feels like glass).

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
It's a film protector. Probably hard to find a bad one. Skinomi and Pleson are two other good brands, but it's really hard to go wrong with film.

The only downside is that the stylus has a "soft" friction on film (PET or TPU), glass is superior, IMO, but not by much. Plus, with glass you get into all of the crappy affordable glass protectors and expensive ones that some love, some don't, and can be a PIA to install.

Film can be amazing for screen protection, for sure.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have it on its not film I've had film and also wet installs.. This one doesn't leave pen marks and also Christal clean to see through film us not

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
That's great to hear, but the Amazon title of the product is:

[h=1]Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector, (Not Glass) TOPGO Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note8 Bubble-Free Anti-Scratch Film [Full Coverage, Case Friendly] -HD Clear[/h]
The word "Film" is used throughout the product page, including customer's reviews. So that's a bit confusing. Also, there are reviews for this Note 8 protector from early Summer 2017, prior to release of the N8. Questionable. Recent reviews are quite negative.

It's a good thing that your experience is positive. Maybe the product description and reviews are for an earlier version of this product, it's been changed, but never updated on Amazon? That could happen.

Report back in a week or two if you can. Would be interesting to hear what your experience is after living with it for a while.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a very similar plastic screen protector I got from Walmart for $10 from onn. I like everything about it except for the fact one entire edge doesn't stay down AND I had an absolutely perfect install. Same thing happened with my first one I tried and returned. I'm leaving it on until something better comes along because it's a thousand times better than the crappy, soft, grabby, track leaving, and orange peel looking Skinomi wet apply film I tried for a week.

6b11852bd1ae32483e54ae54dfe3ef04.jpg

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That's great to hear, but the Amazon title of the product is:

[h=1]Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector, (Not Glass) TOPGO Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note8 Bubble-Free Anti-Scratch Film [Full Coverage, Case Friendly] -HD Clear[/h]
The word "Film" is used throughout the product page, including customer's reviews. So that's a bit confusing. Also, there are reviews for this Note 8 protector from early Summer 2017, prior to release of the N8. Questionable. Recent reviews are quite negative.

It's a good thing that your experience is positive. Maybe the product description and reviews are for an earlier version of this product, it's been changed, but never updated on Amazon? That could happen.

Report back in a week or two if you can. Would be interesting to hear what your experience is after living with it for a while.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I've had it on for nearly a week now excellent.. I know it says film but it's a thin special plastic not film.. I've had film ones before they always left pen marks... Also the writing in the box is in very bad English....

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had it on for nearly a week now excellent.. I know it says film but it's a thin special plastic not film.. I've had film ones before they always left pen marks... Also the writing in the box is in very bad English....
Are the edges staying stuck down? If so, I might order me a set of these.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Are the edges staying stuck down? If so, I might order me a set of these.

I'll pile on here.

Please let us know how well the edges stay down. With the film protector, it's 100%, they just don't come up. But, the soft surface isn't optimal for the stylus.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It's now been nearly tow weeks it's excellent so far no scratches at all unlike film works great with pen... Just shows fingerprints... Easy to wipe edges are staying down

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
It's now been nearly tow weeks it's excellent so far no scratches at all unlike film works great with pen... Just shows fingerprints... Easy to wipe edges are staying down
Your experience seems like an anomaly with all the 1 star reviews these have on Amazon. I really want a good one like you have but I'm tired of trying so many that are trash and I guess I'll just keep waiting for something with lots of good, verified purchase reviews to come along.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Your experience seems like an anomaly with all the 1 star reviews these have on Amazon. I really want a good one like you have but I'm tired of trying so many that are trash and I guess I'll just keep waiting for something with lots of good, verified purchase reviews to come along.

Agree. While I am happy to hear that some folks can do ok with a product, it's really hard to completely ignore a significant amount of bad ratings. This has kept me from investing in the more expensive options as well. Some people swear by some of those products, but there are so many owners that really dislike them - some of these products do not even have return policies.

For me, no thanks. But still happy to hear when some buyers get what they want.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Please note I am not recieving any monetry or product compensation by recommending the product and yes the screen edges are staying down

biswasd

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Please note I am not recieving any monetry or product compensation by recommending the product and yes the screen edges are staying down

just bought these as well and installed it on my note 8. full adhesive and no problems with edges sticking...i did a "wet" install in my bathroom with the shower running to avoid any dust specs...i'm very OCD:)

these are PET film, not the legacy invisible shield stretchy, orange peel sticky nasty crap

basically for those of you who are old enough to remember "plastic" PET film protectors from the early 2000's....these are the same material. will scratch up eventually, and not very good protection from impact drops, etc. but they will protect the screen from scratching....not a bad purchase for under $9 on amazon.com ------ until a proper tempered glass protector arrives.

Last edited:

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I finally caved and tried these from the OP. Not much better than the one I had from Walmart. The edges on each side don't stay down completely, all because they sent these precurved protectors in a FLAT cardboard envelope. Had the manufacturer packaged them in a box, I think they wouldn't have flattened out over time, and then the edges would stay down fine. Other than that, I like how it feels and writes with the S-Pen, which is pretty much the same as the one I had from Walmart.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad