Samsung Trade-In Program NIGHTMARE

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a water exposed phone was sent to a manufacturer that has the ability to notice and detect the misrepresentation. Unlike an unsuspecting consumer on eBay or Swappa or Craigslist.

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like a water exposed phone was sent to a manufacturer that has the ability to notice and detect the misrepresentation. Unlike an unsuspecting consumer on eBay or Swappa or Craigslist.

Sounds like someone didn't read the thread. I said the phone had been exposed to my wet fingers but had no internal water damage and met all of Samsungs requirements for a tradable device. This is confirmed by the support rep via the screenshot I took that you also didn't read.

As far as selling it on unsuspecting buyer on Swappa, not sure where you're getting that assumption. At no point was I looking to sell the phone. I was planning on keeping it had it not been for the trade in promo. Plus, you can lift the backing and see the pink sticker. This was also mentioned in my chat conversation, which, once again, you clearly didn't read.

I don't know. I'm sure it's just a sheer coincidence that hundreds of people who've been robbed by Samsung and their fraudulent trade in scam are reporting the same thing. Or maybe they're lying and trying to scam everyone Swappa as per your misguided suggestion.

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
All I an say is GOOD LUCK when it comes to Samsung customer service, talk about non existing....

Oh I am a;ready prepared for them to screw me. Which is why I'm so pissed. I'm not usually this pissed. My next phone will be a Pixel once Google brings production in-house. Won't ever go back to Samsung. Ever.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I am happy to hear your trade-in went well. But a quick google search and you can see that Samsung ha swindled hundreds of people out of their perfectly functioning devices all while charging full retail for their phones. Sounds like trade-in roulette to me and if that's the case, I should've just played screen roulette with the Pixel 2 XL.

Same thing goes for the Pixel 2, unfortunately. Quite a few posts about it here in the forums alone.

nevergonnasleep

Jun 21, 2018
Visit site
Yep, traded in my Galaxy S6 recently. Worked perfectly. Gets to Samsung, they said it isn't. They credit me $25 instead of $150. I provide them with a screenshot of the phone records from AT&T showing usage the day before I sent it in...made no difference. Can't get the phone back.

What's the old story? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is? They can absolutely fabricate any number of problems with the phone, and you're left with zero recourse. Lesson learned. Buyer beware when it comes to Samsung's trade-in program.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yea, doing a trade in is best doing it in person at the carrier OR going to Best Buy and doing it. Downside is the carriers trade in value and Best Buy is a joke compared to what Samsung offers for your phone. I traded an s7 edge last fall in the program and it went through fine.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, doing a trade in is best doing it in person at the carrier OR going to Best Buy and doing it. Downside is the carriers trade in value and Best Buy is a joke compared to what Samsung offers for your phone. I traded an s7 edge last fall in the program and it went through fine.
Not really if Samsung doesn't pay you what they quoted.

cjtheking134

Sep 15, 2018
Visit site
They said: "The following conditions were not met: Normal Wear & Tear". I did not take any pictures of the phone, unfortunately but am waiting for them to get back to me as to what prompted them to charge me.

I know that their terms and conditions say as far as not getting the phone back. But to take my phone, say that it doesn't meet the conditions, even though it does, and then refuse to give it back is robbery.

F*ck Samsung.

I think somewhere it says that any kind of water damage automatically disqualifies them (The phone you sent in) so the fact that the water damage sticker was I different color automatically defaults to $25

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon