Is there a way to get your notes (including the screen off ones if possible) on your computer? I have been using Keep but the integration of Samsung Notes with the phone is better than Keep. Is there any way to get them on the web or make them automatically get copied over to Keep?

I want to see my noted on my computers too.
    11-08-2017 11:04 PM
    Is there a way to get your notes (including the screen off ones if possible) on your computer? I have been using Keep but the integration of Samsung Notes with the phone is better than Keep. Is there any way to get them on the web or make them automatically get copied over to Keep?

Would be best to use Microsoft OneNote if you want to access your notes across devices, that's what I do, as it allows using the Stylus.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    11-08-2017 11:11 PM
    Would be best to use Microsoft OneNote if you want to access your notes across devices, that's what I do, as it allows using the Stylus.
    Keep let's you use the pen very easily. Same issue though with OneNote.... Can't get Samsung Notes onto it automatically.
    11-08-2017 11:13 PM
    I upload mine to dropbox with dropsync
    11-09-2017 08:51 AM
    how about Evernote.. doesn't that sync to Samsung notes?
    11-09-2017 06:56 PM
    Would be great if I could get One Note to work. I keep getting the ran into a problem error.
    11-09-2017 07:31 PM

Windows 10 has a Samsung Notes app
    11-09-2017 10:01 PM
    Samsung Noted app for Windows is very finicky. But you can share notes to Keep AFAIK using the share function in the Notes app.
    11-09-2017 10:58 PM
    Samsung Noted app for Windows is very finicky. But you can share notes to Keep AFAIK using the share function in the Notes app.
    That's what I did tonight. My use case is I'm a college professor and when they are conducting and activity in class and something I need to do later pops up in my head (like seeing the face of a student who has to miss the next exam because of a trip with the marching band), I grab my phone and use the screen off notes feature to jot down - "Respond to Susie's email about a make-up exam [...that you should have responded to before class]"

I can't be sitting there typing away on my phone. One of the major reasons I switched to the Note was this very reason.

Then - I have to carefully be sure not to swipe away the notification later and share to Keep. Then I see it here on my computer.... and the email is crafted.

(that example wasn't hypothetical but names were changed to protect the innocent)
    11-09-2017 11:59 PM
    You can download the Samsung Notes app for Windows 10 and then check every now and then if they fix it with an update. Once it's fixed it would be easier.
    11-10-2017 01:23 AM
    You can download the Samsung Notes app for Windows 10 and then check every now and then if they fix it with an update. Once it's fixed it would be easier.
    Not a terrible idea. I think I am just going to keep working with Keep and see if I get into a groove with using it. I am still practicing the best way to get the pen out quickly.
    11-10-2017 01:39 AM
    I like the Win 10 idea. Thanks for that.

I use my N8 to take notes at work. I love it. I just email the notes to me at my work address. Takes 5 seconds. It's a kludge, but it works.
    11-10-2017 05:47 AM
    Update - I just tried to download the Win10 app and it's not compatible with my Win10 laptop!!
    11-10-2017 05:50 AM
    I have not used this yet but just saw it on GPS.

Microsoft To-Do
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icrosoft.todos
    11-10-2017 06:13 AM
    That's what I did tonight. My use case is I'm a college professor and when they are conducting and activity in class and something I need to do later pops up in my head (like seeing the face of a student who has to miss the next exam because of a trip with the marching band), I grab my phone and use the screen off notes feature to jot down - "Respond to Susie's email about a make-up exam [...that you should have responded to before class]"

I can't be sitting there typing away on my phone. One of the major reasons I switched to the Note was this very reason.

Then - I have to carefully be sure not to swipe away the notification later and share to Keep. Then I see it here on my computer.... and the email is crafted.

(that example wasn't hypothetical but names were changed to protect the innocent)
    You can also use bixby to store a reminder and do that while thing by voice... Will show up in Samsung reminder app
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-10-2017 06:49 AM
    Update - I just tried to download the Win10 app and it's not compatible with my Win10 laptop!!
    It's not compatible for my win 10 either.

But. Samsung sidesync works, that is attach your phone to the pc, accept that you want to control both device and pc, and you can paste straight into samsung notes, or copy from.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.sidesync30
    11-10-2017 11:04 PM
    You can also use bixby to store a reminder and do that while thing by voice... Will show up in Samsung reminder app
    If I could just speak my reminders during class, I wouldn't have this problem. I would use Google Assistant. It isn't really appropriate during class.
    11-10-2017 11:50 PM
    If I could just speak my reminders during class, I wouldn't have this problem. I would use Google Assistant. It isn't really appropriate during class.
    Got it.. Makes sense.. still, check Evernote for snote integration..I haven't used it but snote can upload to Evernote as a configuration option (and I think it's snote, not Samsung notes .. search for snote in the Galaxy app store and then look at the account settings in settings.. You'll see that you can include an Evernote account, which you should be then able to use on a desktop computer).
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-11-2017 06:18 AM
    An old thread I know but if like me this has been bugging you then I have good news
    The Samsung Notes on the Microsoft Store now seems to be working
    I've tried installing it a few times since I got the phone but it's now working for me
    So I can finally view my Note 8 notes on my PC
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-21-2018 02:56 AM
    Newbie question...have a note 9. Normally an apple phone guy, though did get a XR due to a good deal and the fact that I still like apple OS and phones.

Anyway, for better or worst just ordered a samsung Chromebook v2 m3 for $400 from samsung during their sale they had these past two days. I will go look for the windows app mentioned above to install on a windows pc.

Does anyone know if Chromebook offers the same samsung notes app for the tablet/computer being shipped that my note 9 uses?

I too would like to be able to access my note 9 pen created notes on other devices and likewise this new Chromebook.

Honestly i got the device due to the included pen and hoping it would make a good tablet for writing pen notes when in folded tablet mode. I realize it will be a bit heavy though for the price and M3 plus 64g figured worth a try.

No option to send back once shipped first part of this coming week. If i screwed up be kind though do advise if the device ordered is not good for pen notes.

I would use it to surf the web though nothing heavy duty nor have I become a chrome OS Suite app user...truth be told. We are a Microsoft Office/Windows shop at work.

Web, email, news sites reading, facebook and pen notes is all i see using it for though if the notes are locked and not shareable nor able to see note 9 pen notes that would suck. Likewise if it was a pain to have to do some sort of work around to make them viewable across devices.

About six months back picked up an android yoga book with the hallo keyboard. Too bad there was not a way to rest your hands on the keys as trying to type with fingers off the keys is not fun too me and though one can write on the keyboard surface when keyboard is off it would not be as useful as i hope this new Chromebook will be for pen input.

Thanks for any input
    02-09-2019 07:18 PM
    Newbie question...have a note 9. Normally an apple phone guy, though did get a XR due to a good deal and the fact that I still like apple OS and phones.

Anyway, for better or worst just ordered a samsung Chromebook v2 m3 for $400 from samsung during their sale they had these past two days. I will go look for the windows app mentioned above to install on a windows pc.

Does anyone know if Chromebook offers the same samsung notes app for the tablet/computer being shipped that my note 9 uses?

I too would like to be able to access my note 9 pen created notes on other devices and likewise this new Chromebook.

Honestly i got the device due to the included pen and hoping it would make a good tablet for writing pen notes when in folded tablet mode. I realize it will be a bit heavy though for the price and M3 plus 64g figured worth a try.

No option to send back once shipped first part of this coming week. If i screwed up be kind though do advise if the device ordered is not good for pen notes.

I would use it to surf the web though nothing heavy duty nor have I become a chrome OS Suite app user...truth be told. We are a Microsoft Office/Windows shop at work.

Web, email, news sites reading, facebook and pen notes is all i see using it for though if the notes are locked and not shareable nor able to see note 9 pen notes that would suck. Likewise if it was a pain to have to do some sort of work around to make them viewable across devices.

About six months back picked up an android yoga book with the hallo keyboard. Too bad there was not a way to rest your hands on the keys as trying to type with fingers off the keys is not fun too me and though one can write on the keyboard surface when keyboard is off it would not be as useful as i hope this new Chromebook will be for pen input.

Thanks for any input
    I recommend using OneNote. All my notes sync between my phone (Note 8), tablet (Tab S2), Surface Pro, and desktop (Dell).

I use it for school, as a cookbook, grocery list, it comes in rant handy if I want to clip a webpage for later reading.

I'm not sure if that is an option for you though. I don't know if MSFT made A Chrome OS version of OneNote. Not do I know how to get notes from Keep into OneNote.
    02-10-2019 01:32 AM