Anyone using the 2018 IconX

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I just received the new IconX for the Note8 and really like them. The audio quality is great and the battery life is long. The only issue I noticed and I'm not sure how to fix it - every game on the Note8 with these buds have extremely choppy audio. It forces me to use wired earphones. Is there any way to get audio while gaming to sound normal? It makes me wonder how Samsung will ever go to no headphone jack when their own BT buds doesn't fully work well.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the Icon pair, but I do use a few BT headphones on mine and they don't cut off, with streaming, music, or games. Some apps like DirecTV Now might lose sync if the video stutters, but not sure if that's the BT connection or the app, since restarting the video feed (without really disconnecting the earphones) fixes the sync.

When gaming, are you using any setting that might be allotting CPU time to the game and that might cause the sync issues? If you prioritize the game, I can see why that'd happen in graphics-intensive games.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
The syncing has been a problem. It's just the audio becomes really choppy and stuttering. I'm going to try turning on the performance mode and see if that helps.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
So it doesn't seem to be a problem with the hardware because I don't experience any choppiness with a few games, however when I tried Telltales Batman game and the new South park game, both have the problem. So it's probably an issue with certain games.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the headphones and like them a lot. I have not tried it with any games however but they work well with music and videos

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I love mine. I use them for work connected to my note 8. I use one at a time and if I haven't had many calls I can go 6-8 hours with just the one side leaving the other at full charge if I need it. I haven't been running with them yet but I have tried shaking my head to see if they would fall out and I don't believe they will. I hear everyone plain on the call and everyone tells me I sound like I am right there with them. Love these things.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
They fit well and music sounds great. I have two minor issues, the ambient sound mode (which is really good) turns on and off a lot, it's annoying, the second issue is the touch controls are finicky. Playing, pausing and skipping tracks works great however the volume up/down swipe is bad and inconsistent

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I would say they are the best headphones I've owned for working out. They sound great for BT ear buds and the bass is surprisingly good. They last long and really fit well in your ears - they won't come out at all during a run or workout. Just make sure you use the right sized tip and wing.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I would say they are the best headphones I've owned for working out. They sound great for BT ear buds and the bass is surprisingly good. They last long and really fit well in your ears - they won't come out at all during a run or workout. Just make sure you use the right sized tip and wing.
Couldn't agree more! Love them!

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
...the second issue is the touch controls are finicky. Playing, pausing and skipping tracks works great however the volume up/down swipe is bad and inconsistent

I also found the volume up/down inconsistent until I realized I was swiping at the wrong angle. I was twisting the earbuds back after I put them to make them fit better. Therefore I had to swipe at that angle. Once I started doing that, the volume up/down swipes worked much better.

Paula Lynch

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
Anyone having issues when on a call and the person you're talking too is hearing background noise louder than you and you are muffled when you're out at grocery store or whatever? I love mine otherwise but this has been an issue and I can't seem to find a way to fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance