I just tried to download a black theme and it bricked my phone. Thanks Samsung!

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Title. The screen won't even turn on, and when it does, only the top 8th of the screen shows. Needless to say I'm just a tiny bit livid right now. How can I even fix this when I can't power off the phone?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
something similar happened to me on my note 3, it booted up with brightness set to zero so it looked liked the phone was still off, see if you can swipe down from the top and change brightness.
Was it Swift Black theme by any chance ?
also try to boot into safe mode as this disables 3rd party apps and you can the uninstall it from there

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
If you ever get it up and running, use the high contrast theme from Samsung in the theme store. I've been using it for weeks without issue.

Last edited:

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Title. The screen won't even turn on, and when it does, only the top 8th of the screen shows. Needless to say I'm just a tiny bit livid right now. How can I even fix this when I can't power off the phone?
Your device wasn't rooted was it?
I feel your pain bro.
If you can't factory reset, that phone is toast.
Take it to your carrier that way. Let them figure it out.
Pull the sim and sd card, and tell them you want a new replacement until they figure it out.
I swear, 900 freaking dollars and this crap happens.
Keep us posted bro.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Your device wasn't rooted was it?
I feel your pain bro.
If you can't factory reset, that phone is toast.
Take it to your carrier that way. Let them figure it out.
Pull the sim and sd card, and tell them you want a new replacement until they figure it out.
I swear, 900 freaking dollars and this crap happens.
Keep us posted bro. Force rebooting may work, but you can't do a backup real quick either. sob.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
From where did you download the theme, what were you using to theme, and is your phone rooted?

Just to clarify. If you were using a substratum theme from the play store it can get wonky like this and is pretty exasperating to maintain since any app you have updating breaks it.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
If you give us more information on where/how/what theme, that would help.

I use a theme called Martian installed from Samsung Themes and it it's a dark theme for the most and have no issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad