I received a new gold note 8 but Samsung didn't pick up the old one

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Samsung was supposed to pick up my faulty note 8 today for warranty repair, 9am - 6pm was the time slot I was given, time organised to be in the house all day.
They never picked it up.... talk about being a bit.... Argh....
However, I was due an upgrade through my provider so ordered another note for 399 euro two days ago and it arrived this morning, so I now also have a gold single sim one and to my surprise it is unlocked and bloatware free.
New one also works with the DeX which the other did not due to the fault being with the charging port.
OK rant over :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Blame where blame is due, though, the pickups are on the freight/delivery company...they're the ones that provide the time estimate, unfortunately.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Blame where blame is due, though, the pickups are on the freight/delivery company...they're the ones that provide the time estimate, unfortunately.

In this case it was Samsung, they asked which day I preferred when I rang on Tuesday and I picked Friday to have time to organise time off and to get another phone as I had just sold my Note 4 (the ironi lol)
They might use a 3rd party for pick up and delivery but they are most certainly responsible for it not happening

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And they are responsible for picking it up, so just keep it (and keep the battery charged to at least 50% - check it every few weeks), until they do or whatever the responsibility time in your country (or in the EU - I don't know, I'm in the US - but after a certain amount of time, you're no longer responsible for it) runs out. Then it might pay to have it repaired and sell it.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I might not have worded my original post correctly but the Note 8 to be collected I bought as preorder straight out to get at launch, it started its errors so when I organised warranty repair I bought one separately through my phone provider (this was an option I was keeping for Note 9 in case I wanted it)
It is not like Samsung sent me a new phone but didn't pick up the other.
I would really prefer my dual sim black one to get fixed and keep that one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2