I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Sprint Note 8 - Just downloaded and installed the latest OTA update.

I have direction unlock on my phone along with fingerprint and iris scanner

Whenever I reboot however, I have to first unlock with the direction unlock

However, after the reboot following the install, when I put in my direction unlock code, it goes black for a second like it's about to unlock the phone, but then goes back to the regular lock screen. Tried for a good 5 minutes, same result. Seeing the notifications of regular apps still hitting my phone through the notifications

Tried a reboot. Same result. Tried a shut down. Asks me to put in my direction unlock, defaults back to the lock screen.

I want to scream, but I'm going to keep cool for now. Any suggestions ladies and gents?
    11-17-2017 03:00 PM
    11-17-2017 03:06 PM
    Have you tried booting into recovery and clearing cache?
    It has worked for so many weird unexplainable things for me over the years
    11-17-2017 03:14 PM
    Have you tried booting into recovery and clearing cache?
    It has worked for so many weird unexplainable things for me over the years
    Life Saver. That actually worked. Hope this thread can be helpful for others with my setup as the update rolls out.
    11-17-2017 03:21 PM
    I have the same issue with my T-Mobile Note 8. Even to turn off the phone it says to enter my gestures. Can you provide additional details on how to turn off the phone and erase the cache?

Thanks.
    11-17-2017 03:52 PM
    Hold in volume up +Bix by button+power button for 10 seconds or so until it starts what looks like a reboot, it will take you in to recovery where you can delete cache
    11-17-2017 04:01 PM
    Life Saver. That actually worked. Hope this thread can be helpful for others with my setup as the update rolls out.
    Might want to change the title of his thread with a [SOLVED] at the end. Glad you got it figured out!
    11-17-2017 04:13 PM
    Might want to change the title of his thread with a [SOLVED] at the end. Glad you got it figured out!
    Mod note. Good idea! Done.
    srvctec likes this.
    11-17-2017 04:17 PM
    FYI, I was able to restart my phone and get into the recovery menu. Erasing the cache did not resolve the issue.
    11-17-2017 05:04 PM
    FYI, I was able to restart my phone and get into the recovery menu. Erasing the cache did not resolve the issue.
    Sometimes doing it a second time will, did you do both cache and dalvik cache?
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    11-17-2017 05:12 PM
    whenever I clear my caches, and I do both listed below, I always do them twice before rebooting. if I have any weird phone issues the first thing I do is clear all caches, for the app (if one) and in recovery.

Sometimes doing it a second time will, did you do both cache and dalvik cache?
    11-17-2017 06:54 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I've wiped the regular cache in the Recovery Menu several times with no change in outcome.

For Dalvik, I think I would need to be rooted or have access to the file system? Unfortunately, I can't access the file system with it locked. If I could, I would grab the files I need and do a complete reset.

Thanks again.
    11-17-2017 07:40 PM
    I decided to bite the bullet and reset the phone. Everything is working now, but lost some of my data.
    11-17-2017 11:59 PM
    I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Sprint Note 8 - Just downloaded and installed the latest OTA update.

I have direction unlock on my phone along with fingerprint and iris scanner

Whenever I reboot however, I have to first unlock with the direction unlock

However, after the reboot following the install, when I put in my direction unlock code, it goes black for a second like it's about to unlock the phone, but then goes back to the regular lock screen. Tried for a good 5 minutes, same result. Seeing the notifications of regular apps still hitting my phone through the notifications

Tried a reboot. Same result. Tried a shut down. Asks me to put in my direction unlock, defaults back to the lock screen.

I want to scream, but I'm going to keep cool for now. Any suggestions ladies and gents?
    ONCE you get through your update struggles, you'll find your service being a whole lot better. At least I did. Also Volte is working. Don't forget you enable Wi-Fi calling and
    LTE calling beta.
    You will be able to use the internet and the phone at the same time without Wi-Fi.

Enjoy
    11-18-2017 01:43 AM