Fedex Delivery

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Be careful they don't just drop it at your door. Samsung delivered mine via Fedex and supposedly signature was required, but Fedex just left it at the door. I wasn't happy, but was lucky someone didn't steal it.

UrAverageJoe

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Be careful they don't just drop it at your door. Samsung delivered mine via Fedex and supposedly signature was required, but Fedex just left it at the door. I wasn't happy, but was lucky someone didn't steal it.

Well what can I do to prevent something like this from happening because I live in an apartment. Do you live in a house? If you do, maybe Fedex did that because of that? But someone who lives in an apartment? Do you think they would do that?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If you are not home at the first attempt they will leave a note and probably make a second attempt the next day. If I know I'm not going to be home, I log into their website and have the package sent to one of the local Fed Ex stores and then I can pick up from there anytime during store hours. The Fed Ex stores are open early and late so that works out. I think you have to do that early in the shipping process though.

UrAverageJoe

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
If you are not home at the first attempt they will leave a note and probably make a second attempt the next day. If I know I'm not going to be home, I log into their website and have the package sent to one of the local Fed Ex stores and then I can pick up from there anytime during store hours. The Fed Ex stores are open early and late so that works out. I think you have to do that early in the shipping process though.

So at what point do they leave it at a hub without a Fedex account?

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Well what can I do to prevent something like this from happening because I live in an apartment. Do you live in a house? If you do, maybe Fedex did that because of that? But someone who lives in an apartment? Do you think they would do that?
I live in a house so indeed it is unlikely they can do that in an apartment building. They will leave a notice and you phone and arrange another date or going to pick it up.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there an office at your apartment building? If so you could leave a note asking FedEx to leave it at the office and they will probably sign for it and hold it there for you

kojak

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
As someone who works for FedEx, I will say that they are supposed to make 3 attempts. Also, if you know the tracking number, you can call 800-gofedex and have them hold the package at their hub/location and you can go pick it up.

UrAverageJoe

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Is there an office at your apartment building? If so you could leave a note asking FedEx to leave it at the office and they will probably sign for it and hold it there for you
A normal piece of paper? Saying something like

"Dear fedex, I am unavailable to sign for the package right now, so please leave it at the office and someone will sign for it. Thank you"?

I believe they attempt delivery twice but I'm not positive on that.

Okay

As someone who works for FedEx, I will say that they are supposed to make 3 attempts. Also, if you know the tracking number, you can call 800-gofedex and have them hold the package at their hub/location and you can go pick it up.

Can it be a FedEx location near me?

Sorry for the newb questions guys, I never done this before.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
A normal piece of paper? Saying something like

"Dear fedex, I am unavailable to sign for the package right now, so please leave it at the office and someone will sign for it. Thank you"?

Yes, exactly that. Then just call up the office and ask them to accept it for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy