11-19-2017 03:30 PM
27 12
tools
    What happen when fedex tries to deliver but no one is at home?

Got a Note coming in and I may not be at home when they come to deliver it.
    11-17-2017 10:02 PM
    They should bring it to their hub and leave a ticket on your door stating nobody was home.
    11-17-2017 10:08 PM

If the delivery does not require a signature then they will just leave it by your front door.
    11-17-2017 10:11 PM
    They should bring it to their hub and leave a ticket on your door stating nobody was home.
    So that means I have to go to the hub and pick it up?
    11-17-2017 10:27 PM
    If the delivery does not require a signature then they will just leave it by your front door.
    Yea a signature is required.
    11-17-2017 10:28 PM
    So that means I have to go to the hub and pick it up?
    And what hub would that be? The nearest Fedex to my address?
    11-17-2017 10:30 PM
    Be careful they don't just drop it at your door. Samsung delivered mine via Fedex and supposedly signature was required, but Fedex just left it at the door. I wasn't happy, but was lucky someone didn't steal it.
    11-17-2017 10:37 PM
    Be careful they don't just drop it at your door. Samsung delivered mine via Fedex and supposedly signature was required, but Fedex just left it at the door. I wasn't happy, but was lucky someone didn't steal it.
    Well what can I do to prevent something like this from happening because I live in an apartment. Do you live in a house? If you do, maybe Fedex did that because of that? But someone who lives in an apartment? Do you think they would do that?
    11-17-2017 10:41 PM
    If you are not home at the first attempt they will leave a note and probably make a second attempt the next day. If I know I'm not going to be home, I log into their website and have the package sent to one of the local Fed Ex stores and then I can pick up from there anytime during store hours. The Fed Ex stores are open early and late so that works out. I think you have to do that early in the shipping process though.
    Gray Area likes this.
    11-17-2017 11:23 PM
    If you are not home at the first attempt they will leave a note and probably make a second attempt the next day. If I know I'm not going to be home, I log into their website and have the package sent to one of the local Fed Ex stores and then I can pick up from there anytime during store hours. The Fed Ex stores are open early and late so that works out. I think you have to do that early in the shipping process though.
    So at what point do they leave it at a hub without a Fedex account?
    11-17-2017 11:53 PM
    11-18-2017 01:27 AM
    Well what can I do to prevent something like this from happening because I live in an apartment. Do you live in a house? If you do, maybe Fedex did that because of that? But someone who lives in an apartment? Do you think they would do that?
    I live in a house so indeed it is unlikely they can do that in an apartment building. They will leave a notice and you phone and arrange another date or going to pick it up.
    11-18-2017 01:28 AM

If they haven't delivered yet, you should be able to leave instructions providing you create an account.
    11-18-2017 01:36 AM
    I live in a house so indeed it is unlikely they can do that in an apartment building. They will leave a notice and you phone and arrange another date or going to pick it up.
    Okay cool.Thanks!
    11-18-2017 01:52 AM
    If they haven't delivered yet, you should be able to leave instructions providing you create an account.
    I didn't bother creating an account because they want credit card.
    11-18-2017 01:53 AM
    Is there an office at your apartment building? If so you could leave a note asking FedEx to leave it at the office and they will probably sign for it and hold it there for you
    11-18-2017 06:45 AM
    So at what point do they leave it at a hub without a Fedex account?
    I believe they attempt delivery twice but I'm not positive on that.
    11-18-2017 07:42 AM
    As someone who works for FedEx, I will say that they are supposed to make 3 attempts. Also, if you know the tracking number, you can call 800-gofedex and have them hold the package at their hub/location and you can go pick it up.
    cwbcpa and Gray Area like this.
    11-18-2017 09:03 AM
    Is there an office at your apartment building? If so you could leave a note asking FedEx to leave it at the office and they will probably sign for it and hold it there for you
    A normal piece of paper? Saying something like

"Dear fedex, I am unavailable to sign for the package right now, so please leave it at the office and someone will sign for it. Thank you"?

I believe they attempt delivery twice but I'm not positive on that.
    Okay

As someone who works for FedEx, I will say that they are supposed to make 3 attempts. Also, if you know the tracking number, you can call 800-gofedex and have them hold the package at their hub/location and you can go pick it up.
    Can it be a FedEx location near me?

Sorry for the newb questions guys, I never done this before.
    11-18-2017 10:21 AM
    A normal piece of paper? Saying something like

"Dear fedex, I am unavailable to sign for the package right now, so please leave it at the office and someone will sign for it. Thank you"?

Yes, exactly that. Then just call up the office and ask them to accept it for you.
    UrAverageJoe likes this.
    11-18-2017 10:49 AM
    Yes, exactly that. Then just call up the office and ask them to accept it for you.
    Okay cool!

Thank you your help. Appreciate it.
    kj11 likes this.
    11-18-2017 11:10 AM
    I went through this with FedEx and Samsung. FedEx shows at about 3 in the afternoon, UPS at about 9am. I called FedEx and they said they cannot change it only the shipper can change the shipping location. called Samsung. they said once it is shipped they cannot do anything about it. I cannot even have it sent to a FedEx depot. FedEx and Samsung both told me they would try three times and then send it to the depot for pickup. derr.... can't just have it sent strait there. So I bought my father lunch and had him sign for it.
    11-18-2017 04:15 PM
    I went through this with FedEx and Samsung. FedEx shows at about 3 in the afternoon, UPS at about 9am. I called FedEx and they said they cannot change it only the shipper can change the shipping location. called Samsung. they said once it is shipped they cannot do anything about it. I cannot even have it sent to a FedEx depot. FedEx and Samsung both told me they would try three times and then send it to the depot for pickup. derr.... can't just have it sent strait there. So I bought my father lunch and had him sign for it.
    Well seen that I live in an apartment, I'm hope I can just have someone at the office sign for it if I'm not home at the time they deliver. That seems to be the simplest way right now.
    11-18-2017 05:10 PM
    Well seen that I live in an apartment, I'm hope I can just have someone at the office sign for it if I'm not home at the time they deliver. That seems to be the simplest way right now.
    I have left a note on the door a couple of times for Fedex to drop the package in a box on my porch. I usually include the Fedex order number on my note and I sign it so they can take it with them. Proof that you really asked for this in case it goes missing.
    11-18-2017 09:14 PM
    I have left a note on the door a couple of times for Fedex to drop the package in a box on my porch. I usually include the Fedex order number on my note and I sign it so they can take it with them. Proof that you really asked for this in case it goes missing.
    Okay, I'm going to include the Fedex order number on my note as well. I didn't think to add that but I'mma do it just in case.
    kitmo likes this.
    11-18-2017 09:50 PM
27 12