iPhone X hype train

Status
Not open for further replies.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Don’t mind me... just passing through...

Attachments

• 2C76DD13-6DF9-4316-B823-3D3C57DCFB45.jpg
    2C76DD13-6DF9-4316-B823-3D3C57DCFB45.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 47

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I have owned both devices and for me it’s mainly my preference for iOS that keeps me with the X. I think the Note 8 has the most beautiful display of any phone I’ve ever seen, and I think it’s a fine choice if you prefer the Android platform. For my use, Siri works better than google assistant and Bixby (although I do think bixby will improve dramatically over time) and I wouldn’t give up my iPhone X for any Android device at this point. I’ve been back and forth enough to know that iOS is what works best for me. Not a “sheep.” Not an “Apple fanboy” or whatever. Just a guy who likes technology but prefers iOS to Android. Note 8 owners, enjoy your phones. They are fantastic. Now excuse me while I go send an animated **** emoji to my son. ??????

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Don’t mind me... just passing through...
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on the way out.
424a728ad41a717be7c4013e2f7c72c3.gif

Rob786

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. Left the iphone and went with a Note 8 and absolutely love it. Also ditched the iPad for aTab S3. Also a big improvement.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I get some may like the Note 8 but I know some who would swear the iPhone is better.

Why you ask? Because they love the iOS ecosystem. That alone will be more beneficial anything you laid out in your post.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
These "debates" are silly. Both devices are freaking awesome and you are free to chose the one you prefer. It's kinda like debating between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
These "debates" are silly. Both devices are freaking awesome and you are free to chose the one you prefer. It's kinda like debating between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.
Oh that's an easy one. Lamborghini hands down.

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
To be sure, we are on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 thread on an Android Central forum and the gentleman who OWNS a Note 8 wants to engage me point by point in a discussion of why a) I don't know what I'm talking about and b) Apple just does everything better.

That's a little incongruent, I call him out on that minor GLARING point and some how I'm the bad guy who doesn't respect this chap cause he's been around for a long time.

Riiiiiiight.

He needs to trade in one of his super cars. He's like a Chevy owner/ driver extolling the virtues of Ford!

His MONEY landed on the Note 8. Nuff said.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried the X for a week. The only reasons I disliked it was because the I've become so accustomed to the screen size of the Note 8. I also wished iOS would allow multiple apps to be displayed like the Note. Other than those two things, the X is a very nice device.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I've seen and played with the X in person and it is by no means any better than the Note8. Not by a long shot. I will never give up the functionality of the Note over the limit Apple gives you with their phones. It's just not my cup of tea and kudos to those that like Apple iPhones, but I've lost interest in them 5 years ago and have yet for them to even make me consider being interested in any iPhone. They're all the same. Boring.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
So you based your observations of the iPhone X without actually using the iPhone X? I think the only thing this OP accomplished was preaching to the choir in a Note 8 forum.

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've seen and played with the X in person and it is by no means any better than the Note8. Not by a long shot. I will never give up the functionality of the Note over the limit Apple gives you with their phones. It's just not my cup of tea and kudos to those that like Apple iPhones, but I've lost interest in them 5 years ago and have yet for them to even make me consider being interested in any iPhone. They're all the same. Boring.
100% spot on.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Not minimizing anything. I have yet to hear ONE explanation of why he chose to spend his hard earned money on a Note 8 if Apple does everything better.... Just saying.

Didn't say Apple does everything better. I'm not interested in the iPhone, hence why I don't buy them. Just made the point that:

1: You can't pass judgement on a phone you haven't used. Otherwise websites would post reviews of phones the moment they're announced without having touched them.

2. Trying to compare phones by going down a list of features and declaring one better (especially when having not used one of the phones) is ridiculous.

3. The only way to know which phone is better is if you use both phones for a period of time and look at them holistically, not under a microscope of features.

Seems like you don't get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol