Can you control a Samsung TV with the Note 8 and bixby?

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I haven't bought a new TV in at least like 6 years, but for the newer samsung TVs that have wifi and are smart tvs, can you create quick commands with quick command and bxby for example to turn on the TV and go to netflix or that would be not possible, or maybe only with selected models of samsung TVs?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't bought a new TV in at least like 6 years, but for the newer samsung TVs that have wifi and are smart tvs, can you create quick commands with quick command and bxby for example to turn on the TV and go to netflix or that would be not possible, or maybe only with selected models of samsung TVs?
You can def control any Samsung smart tv, even old ones but whether Bixbie commands work I do not know.

Zulfigar

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Right now, I'm not so sure you can, but that will probably change in the next few months.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I got a Samsung curved smart tv and I can share what is on my to the tv, what's on the tv to my phone, play the tv sound on my phone and use phone for aremote remote control thru Samsung connect. For Bixby I have no clue lol. If not now then maybe one day.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I got a Samsung curved smart tv and I can share what is on my to the tv, what's on the tv to my phone, play the tv sound on my phone and use phone for aremote remote control thru Samsung connect. For Bixby I have no clue lol. If not now then maybe one day.

Yes I have a Sammy 65 inch 6300 definitely a perfect combo with the note 8.
Maybe an update of Bixby will help us with the hands-free connections that would be great.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Maybe an update of Bixby will help us with the hands-free connections that would be great.

That's exactly the TV I want to buy on black friday lol, why is the perfect combo? What features of the TV can you control with the phone even if not witj bixby?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Haha we got same size but different models:) that would be cool if Bixby was able to do that.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

I have a recent Samsung Smart TV, and I can share what is on my phone to the TV, but can you tell me how to share what is on my TV to my phone, please? I can't seem to find that feature on the TV. I have the Samsung Connect app on my phone and it sees my TV and tries to connect, but I can't find the right setting on the TV. Thanks in advance.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a recent Samsung Smart TV, and I can share what is on my phone to the TV, but can you tell me how to share what is on my TV to my phone, please? I can't seem to find that feature on the TV. I have the Samsung Connect app on my phone and it sees my TV and tries to connect, but I can't find the right setting on the TV. Thanks in advance.

Sorry I'm late lol. Here is some screen shots. Let me know if this works. Make sure you have Wi-Fi on as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171118-204108.jpg
    Screenshot_20171118-204108.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20171118-204339.jpg
    Screenshot_20171118-204339.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 41

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I'm late lol. Here is some screen shots. Let me know if this works. Make sure you have Wi-Fi on as well.

It shows my TV as in your first screenshot, but under that, the only option I have is "View content on TV (Smart View)" or "Delete device". So, that answers my question. I guess my TV does not support it. Maybe my next Samsung TV will. But thank you very much for your help! :)

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It shows my TV as in your first screenshot, but under that, the only option I have is "View content on TV (Smart View)" or "Delete device". So, that answers my question. I guess my TV does not support it. Maybe my next Samsung TV will. But thank you very much for your help! :)

Well shoot that sucks. I'm sorry. But you're welcome. How old is your tv?

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Well shoot that sucks. I'm sorry. But you're welcome. How old is your tv?

I believe it is a 2014 model 24". I really don't need the feature anyway because I already have 6 network TV tuners (2 x HDHomeRun Primes) and can run the HDHomerun app on my phone, tablet, laptop or desktop to watch TV anywhere within the reach of my wifi. But having the TV be able to cast its own screen to my phone or tablet itself just sounded like another neat feature to explore. Thanks again.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I believe it is a 2014 model 24". I really don't need the feature anyway because I already have 6 network TV tuners (2 x HDHomeRun Primes) and can run the HDHomerun app on my phone, tablet, laptop or desktop to watch TV anywhere within the reach of my wifi. But having the TV be able to cast its own screen to my phone or tablet itself just sounded like another neat feature to explore. Thanks again.

Yes it is. I love that option. Well at least you got something else you can watch tv on. And no problem. Anytime😁

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2