Where is our SECURITY update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Seriously!!? There are already MANY threads about this. Absolutely ZERO need to start yet another one. The search function of the forum works pretty good.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Ok this is not good it's been since August since we had a security update. I'm on t-mobile. Anyone know what's Up?

respectfully, check your carrier allotted postings area first.
They have a place for (carriers) you can click on.
Then seek out your needed answer if you haven't done that yet. Everybody's update is different,. Sprints update was for specific added features.

If you are with T-Mobile, then your update may be held up for other reasons. I have learned to be patient with these updates, you will get them.. Just let them work themselves out first on other phones so it doesn't screw your phone up.. That's what I always believe, good luck and enjoy.
Just a little patience

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Update was released about 48 hours ago for T-Mobile. There's at least 3 threads on this. Why not check your phone and download the update.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
We can use this thread to track update for unlocked model. There is still no update for my unlocked note.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Won't let me do anything

Try clicking on the edit icon (pencil), and then once the editing text box shows up there should be a 'Go Advanced" option below the main text editing box. Click on that, and then you should see options to edit the thread title, etc. The thread title and font, and other boxes are lightly colored and faint, but they are there. You can then edit the thread title, etc.

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Try clicking on the edit icon (pencil), and then once the editing text box shows up there should be a 'Go Advanced" option below the main text editing box. Click on that, and then you should see options to edit the thread title, etc. The thread title and font, and other boxes are lightly colored and faint, but they are there. You can then edit the thread title, etc.
Nope nothing. So if you know a admin otherwise oh well... sorry

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

As I recall an OP can edit a thread up until the moment someone replies. Once that happens, they lose most, if not all, editing capabilities.

So if you know a admin

I think I know a few Mods who can make alterations. What do you need changed? Did you get an update?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Seriously!!? There are already MANY threads about this. Absolutely ZERO need to start yet another one. The search function of the forum works pretty good.
Whoa when did you become a mod to tell people how to post?

Hey OP no worries on the dupe thread. It happens.. hell I've even done it. Don't worry about it ;).

Is yours the unlocked model on T-Mobile?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Whoa when did you become a mod to tell people how to post?

Hey emscapt47 no worries on the dupe thread. It happens.. hell I've even done it. Don't worry about it ;).

Is yours the unlocked model on T-Mobile?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As I recall an OP can edit a thread up until the moment someone replies. Once that happens, they lose most, if not all, editing capabilities.

I think I know a few Mods who can make alterations. What do you need changed? Did you get an update?

Oh, I see that's good to know. Before I posted the above suggestion, I went to one of my threads that has replies, and was able to bring up the "Go Advanced" I didn't change the title as it didn't need changing. Perhaps that last step is what I missed.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I too have forgotten about search. This is an important topic (unlocked Samsung Note 8 not getting as timely security updates as carrier versions) so good that it is here - in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang