11-20-2017 12:05 AM
31 12
tools
    Ok so I got my deep sea blue note8 at best buy on Friday. And I've just noticed this a few minutes ago but if I look close enough it looks like the recent, home and back buttons are blurred. Got a screenshot so y'all can maybe tell me if I need to get my eyes checked or if I'm going crazy lol. I didn't notice this one on my black note8. You will have to click on pic and look really close lol. It's like that on aod as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Navigation bar issue....do I need my eyes checked?-screenshot_20171119-040932.jpg  
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-19-2017 04:24 AM
    Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference. Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference.
    Ok so I got my deep sea blue note8 at best buy on Friday. And I've just noticed this a few minutes ago but if I look close enough it looks like the recent, home and back buttons are blurred. Got a screenshot so y'all can maybe tell me if I need to get my eyes checked or if I'm going crazy lol. I didn't notice this one on my black note8. You will have to click on pic and look really close lol. It's like that on aod as well.
    Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p.

Settings, display, screen resolution

See if that makes a difference. Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference.
    11-19-2017 04:28 AM
    Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference. Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference. Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p.

Settings, display, screen resolution

See if that makes a difference. Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference.
    Yeah I changed it the WQHD and it didn't do anything to change it. Ugh I hate to do a factory reset.
    11-19-2017 04:40 AM
    The screen shot looks sharp to me. Don't know what else to suggest.
    11-19-2017 04:44 AM
    The screen shot looks sharp to me. Don't know what else to suggest.
    Did you click on it and zoom in?
    11-19-2017 04:44 AM
    Yes, it looks as sharp as the other icons on your screen so I'd suggest that you're some screen is running a lower resolution on that screen shot.
    Mine seems slightly sharper (lower image) than yours (upper image) but again, just looks like a resolution difference.
    Do you have any power saving features activated? Any 3rd party apps?
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    11-19-2017 04:51 AM
    Yes, it looks as sharp as the other icons on your screen so I'd suggest that you're some screen is running a lower resolution on that screen shot.
    Mine seems slightly sharper (lower image) than yours (upper image) but again, just looks like a resolution difference.
    Do you have any power saving features activated? Any 3rd party apps? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bb08e22ef7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...85409f53c3.jpg
    No 3rd party that I know of and no power saving. Yes I had FDH+ when I did screen shot. But it is on WQHD now and still the same. I'm going to try changing theme.
    11-19-2017 05:05 AM
    Now I'm really getting pissed off. My AOD is set to on and it is supposed to show clock and home button but the damn thing is nothing but a black screen. I'm going to do a factory reset and if it doesn't work I'll take it back to best buy.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-19-2017 05:27 AM
    Now I'm really getting pissed off. My AOD is set to on and it is supposed to show clock and home button but the damn thing is nothing but a black screen. I'm going to do a factory reset and if it doesn't work I'll take it back to best buy.
    Have you thought of trying the wipe cache in recovery, or possibly a full factory reset?

The aod issue itself wpuld be really irritating Im sure. My aod with a photo has been working fine. Have you done the update that recently came out?
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-19-2017 05:47 AM
    Have you thought of trying the wipe cache in recovery, or possibly a full factory reset?

The aod issue itself wpuld be really irritating Im sure. My aod with a photo has been working fine. Have you done the update that recently came out?
    Yeah that was actually my fault cause I did the what I call soft reset where it changes settings etc. Well after I did full factory reset on it I realised that setting for AOD was back to scheduled time. So I turned that off. So AOD is my fault. Idk what to do bout the blurry navigation bar. Now I know it's there it will bug me so I'll probably exchange it at best buy. Right now I'm back on my black note8. Don't feel like setting the blue one back up right now
    11-19-2017 05:53 AM
    Yeah that was actually my fault cause I did the what I call soft reset where it changes settings etc. Well after I did full factory reset on it I realised that setting for AOD was back to scheduled time. So I turned that off. So AOD is my fault. Idk what to do bout the blurry navigation bar. Now I know it's there it will bug me so I'll probably exchange it at best buy. Right now I'm back on my black note8. Don't feel like setting the blue one back up right now
    So you have two note 8's?
    11-19-2017 05:58 AM
    So you have two note 8's?
    Yelp I wanted the blue one and my fiance wants one so he was going go get my black one. I'll have to see how the blue one works out after I set it up. Hey question lol. You know when you first set up your phone and there is this annoying arrow like symbol on home screen saying swipe up to see apps? How the heck do I get it to stop? Lol
    11-19-2017 06:02 AM
    Yelp I wanted the blue one and my fiance wants one so he was going go get my black one. I'll have to see how the blue one works out after I set it up. Hey question lol. You know when you first set up your phone and there is this annoying arrow like symbol on home screen saying swipe up to see apps? How the heck do I get it to stop? Lol
    I think it goes away on its own. I remember seeing it when mine was new but dont remember how it went away lol.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-19-2017 06:07 AM
    I think it goes away on its own. I remember seeing it when mine was new but dont remember how it went away lol.
    Lol I'll see if it goes away later. Thanks
    11-19-2017 06:10 AM
    sorry. probably my eyes, but the blur level of the pic seems consistent with the nav bar blur. hope you figure it out. what did you do with your black N8?
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-19-2017 11:39 AM
    I don't see any navigation-bar blurriness in your screenshot. Of course, if there's a physical defect in that part of your display, it won't appear in a screenshot--you'd need to take an external photo of the screen. But you say you see the blurriness even in the screenshot, so it can't be a physical display problem.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-19-2017 11:43 AM
    I think you need to get your eyes checked ; )

Mine seems to look exactly the same as your photo.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-19-2017 12:32 PM
    If these are screenshot then if you can instead take a pic from another camera to see.

Screenshot take image of what it should look if there is nothing wrong with panel. If you have two Notes then a side by side would be better. And with a pic you can zoom to see closer.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-19-2017 01:23 PM
    No 3rd party that I know of and no power saving. Yes I had FDH+ when I did screen shot. But it is on WQHD now and still the same. I'm going to try changing theme.
    did you check your resolution settings? make sure you're at the best res.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-19-2017 03:53 PM
    sorry. probably my eyes, but the blur level of the pic seems consistent with the nav bar blur. hope you figure it out. what did you do with your black N8?
    My fiance is getting my black note8
    11-19-2017 05:25 PM
    My fiance is getting my black note8
    sorry you're having this issue. I was really happy you got your blue.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-19-2017 05:31 PM
    did you check your resolution settings? make sure you're at the best res.
    Yes I've checked all resolution and it did the same. I only notice it when I got black in the theme/wallpaper and when the auto brightness goes up lol. Oh well. Did factory reset but it didn't do anything to fix it. I was thinking of exchanging it but I don't know if it is worth it since I only notice it on black wallpaper and the buttons themself work as they should and rest of phone works flawlessly. So I believe I can just deal with it. Got 14 days so unless something else goes wrong I think I can deal with it.
    11-19-2017 05:31 PM
    sorry you're having this issue. I was really happy you got your blue.
    Thanks. It be ok I think. I didn't want to deal with best buy since the bad reviews and I've never bought a phone thru them. But, I wanted the blue bad enough and surprisingly after the Verizon error online on best buy website was fixed the process went smoothly. Of course it wasn't pre-order either lol
    11-19-2017 05:35 PM
    Of course it wasn't pre-order either lol
    oh yeah. heaven forbid
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-19-2017 05:58 PM
    oh yeah. heaven forbid
    Lol
    11-19-2017 06:24 PM
31 12