Navigation bar issue....do I need my eyes checked?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I got my deep sea blue note8 at best buy on Friday. And I've just noticed this a few minutes ago but if I look close enough it looks like the recent, home and back buttons are blurred. Got a screenshot so y'all can maybe tell me if I need to get my eyes checked or if I'm going crazy lol. I didn't notice this one on my black note8. You will have to click on pic and look really close lol. It's like that on aod as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171119-040932.jpg
    Screenshot_20171119-040932.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 131

drandyperry

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference. Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference.
Ok so I got my deep sea blue note8 at best buy on Friday. And I've just noticed this a few minutes ago but if I look close enough it looks like the recent, home and back buttons are blurred. Got a screenshot so y'all can maybe tell me if I need to get my eyes checked or if I'm going crazy lol. I didn't notice this one on my black note8. You will have to click on pic and look really close lol. It's like that on aod as well.
Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p.

Settings, display, screen resolution

See if that makes a difference. Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference. Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference. Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p.

Settings, display, screen resolution

See if that makes a difference. Doesn't look too bad. Check your are in full high resolution and not 1080p. See if that makes a difference.

Yeah I changed it the WQHD and it didn't do anything to change it. Ugh I hate to do a factory reset.

drandyperry

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Yes, it looks as sharp as the other icons on your screen so I'd suggest that you're some screen is running a lower resolution on that screen shot.
Mine seems slightly sharper (lower image) than yours (upper image) but again, just looks like a resolution difference.
Do you have any power saving features activated? Any 3rd party apps?
afe8d40a2467e1a6061792bb08e22ef7.jpg
113ade11ced3dda8aaa34885409f53c3.jpg

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it looks as sharp as the other icons on your screen so I'd suggest that you're some screen is running a lower resolution on that screen shot.
Mine seems slightly sharper (lower image) than yours (upper image) but again, just looks like a resolution difference.
Do you have any power saving features activated? Any 3rd party apps? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171119/afe8d40a2467e1a6061792bb08e22ef7.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171119/113ade11ced3dda8aaa34885409f53c3.jpg

No 3rd party that I know of and no power saving. Yes I had FDH+ when I did screen shot. But it is on WQHD now and still the same. I'm going to try changing theme.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Now I'm really getting pissed off. My AOD is set to on and it is supposed to show clock and home button but the damn thing is nothing but a black screen. I'm going to do a factory reset and if it doesn't work I'll take it back to best buy.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Now I'm really getting pissed off. My AOD is set to on and it is supposed to show clock and home button but the damn thing is nothing but a black screen. I'm going to do a factory reset and if it doesn't work I'll take it back to best buy.
Have you thought of trying the wipe cache in recovery, or possibly a full factory reset?

The aod issue itself wpuld be really irritating Im sure. My aod with a photo has been working fine. Have you done the update that recently came out?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Have you thought of trying the wipe cache in recovery, or possibly a full factory reset?

The aod issue itself wpuld be really irritating Im sure. My aod with a photo has been working fine. Have you done the update that recently came out?

Yeah that was actually my fault cause I did the what I call soft reset where it changes settings etc. Well after I did full factory reset on it I realised that setting for AOD was back to scheduled time. So I turned that off. So AOD is my fault. Idk what to do bout the blurry navigation bar. Now I know it's there it will bug me so I'll probably exchange it at best buy. Right now I'm back on my black note8. Don't feel like setting the blue one back up right now

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah that was actually my fault cause I did the what I call soft reset where it changes settings etc. Well after I did full factory reset on it I realised that setting for AOD was back to scheduled time. So I turned that off. So AOD is my fault. Idk what to do bout the blurry navigation bar. Now I know it's there it will bug me so I'll probably exchange it at best buy. Right now I'm back on my black note8. Don't feel like setting the blue one back up right now
So you have two note 8's?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So you have two note 8's?

Yelp I wanted the blue one and my fiance wants one so he was going go get my black one. I'll have to see how the blue one works out after I set it up. Hey question lol. You know when you first set up your phone and there is this annoying arrow like symbol on home screen saying swipe up to see apps? How the heck do I get it to stop? Lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yelp I wanted the blue one and my fiance wants one so he was going go get my black one. I'll have to see how the blue one works out after I set it up. Hey question lol. You know when you first set up your phone and there is this annoying arrow like symbol on home screen saying swipe up to see apps? How the heck do I get it to stop? Lol
I think it goes away on its own. I remember seeing it when mine was new but dont remember how it went away lol.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
sorry. probably my eyes, but the blur level of the pic seems consistent with the nav bar blur. hope you figure it out. what did you do with your black N8?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any navigation-bar blurriness in your screenshot. Of course, if there's a physical defect in that part of your display, it won't appear in a screenshot--you'd need to take an external photo of the screen. But you say you see the blurriness even in the screenshot, so it can't be a physical display problem.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If these are screenshot then if you can instead take a pic from another camera to see.

Screenshot take image of what it should look if there is nothing wrong with panel. If you have two Notes then a side by side would be better. And with a pic you can zoom to see closer.