note 8 and the apple watch

Mike Heppe

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Okay so I lived in the apple world from the very first iPod and still love their products. I love the note 8 more though. My gripe is that I haven't found a watch as good as the apple watch? Anyone been able pair the apple watch to the note 8 or have any watch suggestions better than the gear S2?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I came from the iPhone and the apple watch too. I have the Huawei watch 2 right now. I like it for the most part, the battery life could be better. The build quality is really solid. The problem is really just with Android wear. I don't think it's very good. I don't think android wear integrates as well as Apple in the data that is collected into various health apps. I am considering buying the Samsung gear sport watch to see how well it works, it looks pretty good.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same boat loved my apple watch but it was not good enough to keep me on ios. Looking at getting the gear sport or gear fit pro

DavidinCT

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Pebble Time Steel still works great(nothing is disabled at this point), CHEAP on ebay and gets over a week on a charge...(I could never move to a 2-3 battery watch after owning a few Pebbles)

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I swear by the Hauwei (first one). No, it really isn't as good as an Apple Watch but better than the gear and WAY better than the LG (IMO)

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
The Samdung Gear S3 (any model) is the closest to the Apple Watch that I have found. The Samsung Health is awesome on this watch.

After comparing the Gesr S3 to an Android Wear 2.0 watch, the Gear S3 was the best for the money to me.

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
i use the gear 3 frontier, i really enjoyed the apple watch had the s2, the only thing i find annoying is how awkward it is to switch out the watch straps compared to the apple watch, other than that the gear 3 is a brilliant watch

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I lived in the apple world from the very first iPod and still love their products. I love the note 8 more though. My gripe is that I haven't found a watch as good as the apple watch? Anyone been able pair the apple watch to the note 8 or have any watch suggestions better than the gear S2?

Like you I have the apple watch and a Note 8.. I love my apple watch and don't mind at all that it can't sync with the Note. I just charge it up and use it as a watch. Second nicest watch Ive ever worn..as a watch.

I likely won't buy an android compatible smart watch at this point. The apple watch taught me that I'd rarely use it to sync my phone anyway. And oy vey... the pain it caused to delete old imessages!

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Not possible and no you won't find a Android watch close in quality. If you're hooked on the watch it's easier to stay on ios at least for your daily driver.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I've used the Apple Watch Series 1, and got a S2 when I initially bought a OnePlus 3T. Worked great and sometimes better than Apple Watch for my needs. I wasn't a major user of the health app in either ecosystem.

The S3 is a very good watch with MST for Samsung Pay built in as well. If you are fine with the size of the watch, I'd recommend that

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can I suggest the ticwatch 2? It's less than 200 dollars and works on both Android AND iOS. It uses a modified Android OS itself and is NOT Android wear.

AmmarMalhas

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have tried the Huawei 2 and the Samsung Gear S3 as well as the Apple 3. In all honesty the first two do not come close to the Apple series 3 in terms of functionality, light weight, and super battery life. It integrates with the iPhone easily.
I have the Note 8 and the iPhone X, the Apple watch is keeping me from dumping the iPhone X! My honest opinion, FWIW.

Last edited:

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

You have two options:

1. Keep using your Apple Watch and find a cheap iPhone to sync it daily. That way, you can wear it all the time and view your data later. It won't be able to give you notifications though.
2. Go with a Gear S3 or Sport. While app support is not that great with Tizen watches, they are way better than Android Wear. I tried a Android Wear watch (Fossil Q Control) and went back to Samsung after 3-4 days.