Last week I could plug a micro SD card into a reader which in turn would connect to the USB c port on my note 8. It would then auto prompt on what I wanted to do, charge/file transfer etc. Once I'd chosen file transfer I could view all files on the SD card and copy and paste them onto the extermal SD card within the phone or its internal memory. Today I cant get it to do file transfer. It will only recognise it as something to charge and not media storage... Anyone any clues? Did an update do this?
    11-19-2017 08:16 PM
    I get a notification that asks what I want to do. it seems to default to charging and not transfer. you also can search it on settings.
    11-19-2017 08:35 PM
    What if you pull down the notifications and then tap on the USB connected symbol? Do you have choices then?
    11-19-2017 08:46 PM
    Last week I could plug a micro SD card into a reader which in turn would connect to the USB c port on my note 8. It would then auto prompt on what I wanted to do, charge/file transfer etc. Once I'd chosen file transfer I could view all files on the SD card and copy and paste them onto the extermal SD card within the phone or its internal memory. Today I cant get it to do file transfer. It will only recognise it as something to charge and not media storage... Anyone any clues? Did an update do this?
    It could be an update did this but when I installed ES explorer it automatically shows there is additional storage when I plug in the USB OTG. I can still get to it but it isn't "mounted". I think the other way mounts the storage. Is there a difference between the types? I know from past history that mounted storage, if you disconnect it without dismounting it first, will often corrupt the storage. This way seems to resolve that issue as it isn't mounted. Is what I am saying correct regarding accessing the USB OTG without mounting?
    11-20-2017 07:18 AM
    there's actually an option in settings that I've seen where you set the default you prefer and you may have accidentally done this.
    11-20-2017 07:33 AM