I think I have messed up a setting somewhere. It may be the one that directly ties the volume control on the headphone to the volume control. I have no idea where that option went.

The problem... it's impossible to play music softly through my Bluetooth B&W headphones. I can turn it down to a comfortable level but not soft. It's blasting at 50%. Using the volume control on the headphone just moves the volume on the phone so the problem occurs.

Tried unpairing and pairing again... which sets the volume on the phone to 50% so I got a blast when I turned on the music.

Any ideas?
    11-20-2017 03:23 AM
    I think I have messed up a setting somewhere. It may be the one that directly ties the volume control on the headphone to the volume control. I have no idea where that option went.

The problem... it's impossible to play music softly through my Bluetooth B&W headphones. I can turn it down to a comfortable level but not soft. It's blasting at 50%. Using the volume control on the headphone just moves the volume on the phone so the problem occurs.

Tried unpairing and pairing again... which sets the volume on the phone to 50% so I got a blast when I turned on the music.

Any ideas?
    Did you check volume on the side of the phone, also volume in the phone settings for media
    11-20-2017 04:57 AM
    Download Samsung's SoundAssistant. This gives greater control on the volume. I once made my music too soft with it. It basically gives you 2 volume sliders for each app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soundassistant
    11-20-2017 05:29 AM
    Download Samsung's SoundAssistant. This gives greater control on the volume. I once made my music too soft with it. It basically gives you 2 volume sliders for each app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soundassistant
    I already had that installed but you prompted me to go back to it. I activated the "Individual App Volume" for Play Music. Dropped that down to abotu 50% and now i have what I would consider a normal range.

However, now I don't get as much volume on my Bose earbuds. I guess I need to just pick something in between.

I like how you can change the number of steps in the volume with this app too.
    11-21-2017 03:24 AM

Any ideas?
    In case anyone is still trying to figure this out, I have the answer (I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7, FYI).

Go to Settings-->Connections-->Bluetooth-->Overflow Menu (three dots in the top right on my phone)-->Media Volume Sync-->Turn Off.

Hope this helps!
    KittyDol and Super Dave426 like this.
    02-20-2019 06:37 PM
    Thank you for posting this! I've tried so many things to fix the volume on my Bluetooth headphones and this was it.
    03-06-2019 09:30 AM