Is anyone using this? I decided to give it a go and I'm finding it really really good on the default less secure option. Better and quicker in general than iris scanning for me.

For those that use it, does the security concern you? Do you have the faster, less secure option switched on or off? I was using smart lock but actually find the face unlock so good that I've switched smart lock off now so at least my phone is locked all the time
    11-20-2017 07:28 AM
    I haven't even tried it, the iris unlock is lightning fast for me
    11-20-2017 07:44 AM
    don't know if it's because I wear contact lenses but I've found the iris scanner lightening quick at times, and then a total failure at other times with no obvious reason why
    11-20-2017 08:08 AM
    don't know if it's because I wear contact lenses but I've found the iris scanner lightening quick at times, and then a total failure at other times with no obvious reason why
    Sometimes I get that too.. did you try opening your eyes wider while it is scanning? (Not kidding).. That has gotten mine to pass (be accepted) more quickly. At least that's how it seems..
    11-20-2017 12:31 PM
    I'm guessing because if the sun sometimes idk but my face unlocks works wonders one day and the next day it be no point if having it on idk why
    11-20-2017 01:23 PM
    I didn't even know u can use smart Lock
    11-20-2017 01:24 PM
    I haven't even tried it, the iris unlock is lightning fast for me
    Facts
    11-20-2017 01:33 PM
    The iris scanner is garbage. works half the time and doesn't work in the dark. constantly "too close" "move closer" staring at my phone bug-eye'd like an *****. totally lame. I have never tried the non iris method. FPS works fine for me.
    11-20-2017 02:09 PM
    Odd. My Iris scanner works great in the dark.
    kevinpleasants and Jewels81 like this.
    11-20-2017 05:19 PM
    Iris scanning works very well for me too, even in the dark or when I'm wearing reading glasses.
    kevinpleasants and Jewels81 like this.
    11-20-2017 05:39 PM
    Odd. My Iris scanner works great in the dark.
    it literally says it wont work in the dark doesn't it? I never bothered because it said it didn't work.

Besides that it still isnt consistent. I always have to move it closer or further away and open my eyes wider. No thanks.
    11-20-2017 06:28 PM
    it literally says it wont work in the dark doesn't it? I never bothered because it said it didn't work.

Besides that it still isnt consistent. I always have to move it closer or further away and open my eyes wider. No thanks.
    I thought earlier you said you tried it and it was garbage? Now you say you didn't bother because it literally says it won't work in the dark. But like some bad already said, including me, it does work in the dark. Give it try.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-20-2017 08:00 PM
    I thought earlier you said you tried it and it was garbage? Now you say you didn't bother because it literally says it won't work in the dark. But like some bad already said, including me, it does work in the dark. Give it try.
    *have
    11-20-2017 08:01 PM
    Lol
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-21-2017 12:24 AM
    If your iris scanner doesn't work then you most likely did not set it up properly, read the instructions and follow them and if still no good then you have a faulty device, it really is that simple.
    I have set this up on 2 different Note 8 and both have been perfect
    Jewels81 likes this.
    11-21-2017 05:14 AM
    The iris scanner works best with people who have rounder eyes. Ethnicity can affect how effective it is. I am Hispanic and have to open my eyes wider than usual to get it to work. I would imagine Asians may have a similar issue. Add to that the fact the irises have to align with the scanner, and it just doesn’t work as seamlessly as android face unlock but face unlock isn’t as secure as iris scanning. Face ID on the other hand brings security with it’s ease of use, as the 3D imaging makes it secure enough for unlocking banking apps and Apple Pay. I would imagine Samsung’s next flagship will bring along this level of security to it’s next offering of facial unlocking.
    11-21-2017 07:11 PM
    The iris scanner works best with people who have rounder eyes. Ethnicity can affect how effective it is. I am Hispanic and have to open my eyes wider than usual to get it to work. I would imagine Asians may have a similar issue. Add to that the fact the irises have to align with the scanner, and it just doesn’t work as seamlessly as android face unlock but face unlock isn’t as secure as iris scanning. Face ID on the other hand brings security with it’s ease of use, as the 3D imaging makes it secure enough for unlocking banking apps and Apple Pay. I would imagine Samsung’s next flagship will bring along this level of security to it’s next offering of facial unlocking.
    Unless you have children that look kinda like you...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...one-x.amp.html
    11-21-2017 07:29 PM
    I use iris unlock super quick.
    11-22-2017 02:40 AM
    Also use in dark no problem
    11-22-2017 02:41 AM
    Iris unlock works perfectly for me, even in the dark. I haven't used any other method since setting it up.
    11-22-2017 03:52 AM
    I activated last week works great in the daylight but in the dark nothing.
    11-22-2017 07:47 AM
    I can't use iris unlock. My phone is usually tilted about 110 degrees from me so the iris scanner never sees me eyes. I just feel weird holding the phone at the normal 80 and 90 position.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-22-2017 12:13 PM