Premium Care: Cancel it if you have it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I have had premium care since I the S8 launched and when I got my Note 8 I got it again. On November 1st Samsung cancelled my coverage due to "a system issue". I have opened 3 tickets to get this resolved and all 3 have been closed and marked complete yet I am still unable to re-enroll. I have made at least 20 calls to get it resolved and all they say is "we need to escalate this to a management team". I wait the 24-48 hours they request and when I call back they tell me the ticket has been completed. This has happened 3 times, Im on my 4th ticket as of today.

All of that is not why I suggest cancelling your coverage. While on the phone this morning for 2 hours, this joke of a customer service supervisor tells me "theres nothing to be worried about, we dont even have any Note 8's for replacement. They are currently on backorder and we are being told it will be between 8-12 weeks before they can ship any replacements out."

8-12 weeks for a replacement that is supposed to be next day aired to you.

This may be the last straw with me and Samsung. The OnePlus 5t releases tomorrow and Ill probably just buy that and call it a day. Even though my phone is fine, I have had enough with Samsung.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I waited 9 hours on Friday and still waiting today for them to pick up my Note 8 to go in for a warranty repair, in 2 hours from now I'm sure I'll still be looking at the box and have 18 hours wasted, totally feel your pain.
I think I will just lodge a claim through small claims court and be done with it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I waited 9 hours on Friday and still waiting today for them to pick up my Note 8 to go in for a warranty repair, in 2 hours from now I'm sure I'll still be looking at the box and have 18 hours wasted, totally feel your pain.
I think I will just lodge a claim through small claims court and be done with it.

Ive contacted the ceo office and waiting to hear back from them. I keep trying to forgive Samsung for all their issues but Ive had enough with them. Phones are great most of the time but their customer service has to be ranked in the bottom 2. Only worse Ive found is Comcast.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Calling direct with private communications is not nearly as effective as blasting company on social media.
Samsung has been advertising premium care on Twitter, go there and let them have it publicly.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Calling direct with private communications is not nearly as effective as blasting company on social media.
Samsung has been advertising premium care on Twitter, go there and let them have it publicly.

Ive talked to them nicely on twitter for 2 weeks, then I started blasting them. Their response is to call Premium Care department.

This whole system is a joke.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for that, if it's not picked up in an hour and 40 minutes then that is just one of the avenues I'll go

T-Mobile just replaced my device at no cost and is willing to let me add their insurance. Higher deductible but at least they actually have replacement devices.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I had the same experience with Samsung pay on my note 8. Signed up when I got the phone Samsung canceled for no reason after a month and now I can't re-enroll.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I had the same experience with Samsung pay on my note 8. Signed up when I got the phone Samsung canceled for no reason after a month and now I can't re-enroll.

Yep, exactly what happened due to their "system glitch". I wish you luck but its been 3 weeks and theyve found no explanation or way to fix it. A new phone with new imei may resolve the issue.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

Anywhere near NJ??
I had a situation with one of my 3 note 8's that Samsung tried to give me the run around. Let's just say I have a new phone as a replacement.
After telling them I was going to drop all three phone's off at their service center and fight them in court. There was a manufacturer issue in my daughter's note 8 and they really tried to blow me off.

They have phone's!!!!!
Ridiculous for them to even say that.

They can get them from other places.
I was almost done too, got a great 360 camera as an apology too. A 7 week old phone shouldn't have burn in.
Stay on them!!
Maywood, NJ there's a repair center.
Call them.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I just use the handset protection my carrier offers. I can walk into the store, tell them what's wrong, if they cant fix it (which they usually can't), they do a warranty swap and hand me a fresh one!

Unless It's careless physical damage of course, in which case they still do the trade. I just gotta fork over the deductible. They still deal with the logistics however! Works for me....

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Anywhere near NJ??
I had a situation with one of my 3 note 8's that Samsung tried to give me the run around. Let's just say I have a new phone as a replacement.
After telling them I was going to drop all three phone's off at their service center and fight them in court. There was a manufacturer issue in my daughter's note 8 and they really tried to blow me off.

They have phone's!!!!!
Ridiculous for them to even say that.

They can get them from other places.
I was almost done too, got a great 360 camera as an apology too. A 7 week old phone shouldn't have burn in.
Stay on them!!
Maywood, NJ there's a repair center.
Call them.

No, I live in Ireland and had to get it from a UK Amazon seller, the 24 month warranty applies still due to European laws but it obviously doesn't work when they can't even organise to pick it up, day 3 waiting now and was told between 8am and 6 pm

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I just use the handset protection my carrier offers. I can walk into the store, tell them what's wrong, if they cant fix it (which they usually can't), they do a warranty swap and hand me a fresh one!

Unless It's careless physical damage of course, in which case they still do the trade. I just gotta fork over the deductible. They still deal with the logistics however! Works for me....

That still works with other insurance. Thats what T-Mobile did for me yesterday. Carrier deductibles are way too high.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
No, I live in Ireland and had to get it from a UK Amazon seller, the 24 month warranty applies still due to European laws but it obviously doesn't work when they can't even organise to pick it up, day 3 waiting now and was told between 8am and 6 pm

This is the response I got from the CEO email. Obviously it was pointless to contact them.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting the CEO’s Office at Samsung Electronics America. We apologize for your inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We have forwarded your request to the proper department for further consideration.

Best Regards,
SEA CEO’s Offic

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I got a phone call within 2 hours after using the contact Ceo option from Samsung in Ireland who organised a courier and phone was picked up an hour and a half later and Samsung ???????????? is now looking after it, fingers crossed

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Well I got a phone call within 2 hours after using the contact Ceo option from Samsung in Ireland who organised a courier and phone was picked up an hour and a half later and Samsung is now looking after it, fingers crossed

Thats good news. I actually just received a call asking if it was fixed for me. I checked and told her no and got the typical "we'll get back with you in 24-48 hours".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2