Nilesh Topiwala

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have just noticed that as I write and go across the page and then to the next line the writing becomes lighter and lighter.

Any ideas? Has my nib already worn out? Been only 2 months since I got the phone. Please let me have your thoughts guys. Thanks.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have just noticed that as I write and go across the page and then to the next line the writing becomes lighter and lighter.

Any ideas? Has my nib already worn out? Been only 2 months since I got the phone. Please let me have your thoughts guys. Thanks.

I can't imagine the nib is wearing out. I'm a very heavy S Pen user (scrolling, typing, notes, sketches, doodle, even dialing phone numbers), and I've never had a nib wear out (Note user since the N3 plus 10.1 & 12.2 tablets).

*Forgot to add, your phone should have come with extra nibs.

But any chance could you be varying the pressure on the pen as you write? Below is a sample of varying pressure in S Note, without changing the pen setting.

6a95a27b97ed980a1a683e0540c8ef55.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171120-153932.jpg
    Screenshot_20171120-153932.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 63

Nilesh Topiwala

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Great... Thanks guys... Have ordered it... Getting it tomorrow... Can't wait.

I am going to upload the pic later on.

Yes have spare tips and might change it. The more I am thinking about it I feel may be its just me that as I go across the screen may be my pressure is dropping due to the slimness of the stylus which is obviously not very comfortable for longer notes. Hopefully the Staedtler might resolve the issue!

Thanks guys!

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I find the full stylus much easier to write with if you plan in advance and have it with you. you'll need to pop out the existing stylus to use the pencil unless you change the spen power saving setting. also the pencil has no button so you'll need the existing one for the button features. but, once you are taking notes etc, the pencil is great. let us know how you do!

Nilesh Topiwala

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks sorry.. Didn't get that..

So even to use just for writing notes in one note will I have to take the spen out?

Will I need to change the tip of staedtler with the spare ones I have?

Please could you advise a bit more about changing the spen power settings.

Many Thanks.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
So even to use just for writing notes in one note will I have to take the spen out?

No you won't. But to get the phone to know you are using the staedtler stylus I have found that either you have to (a) take out the built in spen if you have the spen detection power saver on, or (b) turn off the spen power saver so that the phone is always trying to detect a pen, rather than only when the pen is out (which would be more typical). Open settings on your phone and search for "s pen" and you can open the settings. There is a toggle for the power saver there.

Will I need to change the tip of staedtler with the spare ones I have?

I haven't changed the staedtler tip and it does not come with any spares. I'm not sure whether the spares that come with the phone would fit the staedtler.

Please could you advise a bit more about changing the spen power settings.

see above (I don't have a screen shot here but can attach later if you can't find the settings).

ZHUERAM

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
From the AC app, if you push on a post and select "reply" you'll see a paperclip in the upper right hand corner to add an attachment.

fabris40

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
You can use the spare tips that come with your phone to replace the one that came with the Steadler pencil. I did not, the one that came with the Steadler I found to be perfect.

Nilesh Topiwala

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
So I have now found out that there is a part of the screen near the edge panel where my spen wont write at all. I switch off the edge panel as well but no joy...took off the careen protector thinking that might be the issue but still no joy...factory reset my phone but still no joy...any ideas guys...Have attached the pic.Screenshot_20171122-122651.jpg

Nilesh Topiwala

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Damn it...found the reason....I had a leather cover which has a magnet near that area.....took the cover off and lo behold all ok....I loved that cover....what a shame!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs