C'mon Bixby!

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Bixby is a nice concept but why does it have to be SO inconsistent? One command will work like it should (i.e., lock my phone) and then it won't work. It will ask "which one?" and it won't work. So many other examples but I can't keep track of them all.

Can anyone test this...
1. Lock your phone.
2. Wakup Bixby and give this command..."Unlock phone and turn on flashlight"

It should unlock the phone (if voice password is already setup) and then my flashlight will turn on but then it will turn off. ?? But if my phone is already unlocked and I tell Bixby to turn on flashlight, it stays on.

Glitch maybe since it's unlocking the phone???

But I've noticed there is something that interferes with both Bixby and Ok Google. I was testing both of them and both were working fine. I get a call and after ending the call I tried waking them up with my voice but neither one worked. So I pressed the mic icon for Google and then when I tried saying "Ok Google", it started working after that. So did Bixby. So is the mic being tied up from the Phone app even though I ended the call? This always happens in the car btw.

It's just frustrating that the voice assistants won't work when you need them to, let alone work correctly! It's 2017!!! Going on 2018. No flying cars...fine but you mean to tell me we claim we put a man on the moon back in the 60's but haven't perfected voice assistance in 2017!!!???

I think the real problem is technology is too fragmented. Too many different companies doing different things and nobody and I mean NOBODY is on the same page.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have found that changing the order can work. on mine it would not work if it was : turn bluetooth off, turn wifi on. swapped it around and it never failed.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
half the time I don't even get that far. it just says something about a connection error and does nothing at all!

I tried to turn on Bluetooth the other day and after several failed attempts with bixby and way too much wasted time, I just said ok Google, turn on Bluetooth and it was done!

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
This might not have anything to do with seeing differences based on the order in which you do things, but I would imagine that the voice recognition would always have a harder time in a moving car due to the background road noise it has to deal with.

Raydee

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Is it normal that every time I say hi Bixby and then a command it asks me for my password? OK Google doesn't do that.

z0ove

Oct 28, 2017
Visit site
Is it normal that every time I say hi Bixby and then a command it asks me for my password? OK Google doesn't do that.
Yes it is. That's why i don't let google unlock my phone, cus if i lost it anyone can unlock it using Ok Google.... command! So Bixby + password to unlock is the best way to keep your phone save.

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Bixby is just awful. I've gone back three times now and given it a try, tried to set up some useful commands. Did a simple test at work the other with a buddy trying to send him a text. "Hi Bixby"... 'Ding' "Send a text to Steve Bartlett saying, 'You're an *****'". Nothing. I don't even think it opened the message app. Test number two: "Okay, Google..." 'Ding' "Send a text to Steve Bartlett saying, 'You're an *****'". Seconds later Google replies. "Done." Seconds after that Steve gets the text on his phone as dictated. Bixby is crap. YMMV.