Is it worth changing from, Google pay to Samsung pay ?

DavidinCT

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Been using Android pay for a while now, click and pay. Works in most locations I use, not all but, a lot of them.

Samsung pay seems to support more hardware devices...

For people who use Samsung pay, is it worth it ?

I hate having a credit card in 40 places and it seems like that...

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
its 100x better! not only does it work in more places, you can make money just by using it with the rewards program.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
in the UK where I am I do t think k there are any direct advantages of using Samsung over android pay. but I prefer Samsung pay because it is inbuilt, doesn't require NFC to be left on and requires authentication every time it is used

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Overall, the biggest advantage of Samsung Pay over Android Pay and iPay is the MST technology. You can use it to tap, just like Android Pay and iPay, but where taps are not accepted, it can simulate a swipe. In fact, I find that the MST (magnetic secure transmission) works better than the tap technology. The big trick is to get the cashier to get the machine ready for a swipe, when you aren't handing them a card. I used Android Pay for a while, but IMHO Samsung Pay far surpasses Android Pay and iPay.

BigRedGonzo

DavidinCT

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This for the clear thoughts, I will Setup Samsung pay and disable Android pay..(well disable the app so they don't conflict)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
There is no comparison, IMO. If I see a slider, my Samsung Pay works. I don't have to look for Android Pay available notices etc.

ZHUERAM

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
How does it work with a slider? Can't fit the phone in there.

Bring up a card you've registered on Samsung pay by sliding up from the bottom of the phone screen, authenticate with irises or fingerprint, and hold the phone near the slider as it pulses. Use it all the time and it works well.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven't use Google Pay, but I use Samsung Pay all of the time. I have my Costco Visa card registered which gives me money back when I use it almost anywhere. Along with that, I am also getting Samsung Reward Points, which is a bonus you don't get with Google

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't use Google Pay, but I use Samsung Pay all of the time. I have my Costco Visa card registered which gives me money back when I use it almost anywhere. Along with that, I am also getting Samsung Reward Points, which is a bonus you don't get with Google
Same with me and my Capital One.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes yes yes yes and yes. No incentives for using Android pay and Samsung pay works a million times better.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I used Samsung pay until I moved to the Pixel 2 XL.
I miss it, and my bank, Suntrust is still not on Android Pay, BUT, Master Card MasterPass works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34