Lost the microphone feature on Samsung keyboard

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what happened, but on my Samsung Keyboard at the bottom left, I lost the Microphone function. I use it to speak words and it will automatically convert it to text. Anyone know how I can get that feature back?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't know what happened, but on my Samsung Keyboard at the bottom left, I lost the Microphone function. I use it to speak words and it will automatically convert it to text. Anyone know how I can get that feature back?

Hope this helps. Sloppy *** handwriting lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171122-010333.jpg
    Screenshot_20171122-010333.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20171122-010428.jpg
    Screenshot_20171122-010428.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 123

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Maybe try this settings>general management>language and input>on screen keyboard>manage keyboard>make sure Samsung or Google is turned on.

When I'm at the manage keyboard, Samsung Keyboard is greyed out, and on the right side it doesn't allow me to turn it on back to blue.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't think you can remove the T-Mobile update

And surely T-Mobile wouldn't take that away with update but then again who knows lol. I'm going to do some research when I get home. Just wierd that it is not there. And yeah I was bout to ask how do you get rid if the update? Lol. I know you can on apps not system updates.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
When I'm at the manage keyboard, Samsung Keyboard is greyed out, and on the right side it doesn't allow me to turn it on back to blue.

Just making sure I got this right lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171123-004748.jpg
    Screenshot_20171123-004748.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 61

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Just making sure I got this right lol

Thanks for trying to help me!

The screenshot you show, on mines, I don't have Google Voice option and the Samsung keyboard is turned off and grayed out. What can I do? How do I add Google voice typing to my keyboard? Thank you for helping!

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
This is soo sad.. I've tried everything and I cannot get the microphone icon back. I don't know what happened to my google voice typing. I tried to download Gboard, resetting my keyboard settings back to default, just can't get the google voice option back. It just disappeared.. :(

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help me!

The screenshot you show, on mines, I don't have Google Voice option and the Samsung keyboard is turned off and grayed out. What can I do? How do I add Google voice typing to my keyboard? Thank you for helping!

You're welcome and I'm sorry I couldn't help ya. Wonder if you can reach out to T-Mobile?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Try adding another keyboard and set that to default. That should make Samsung keyboard option again. It's grayed out because you only have one keyboard.

However personally I would advise you to just use a third party keyboard like Swiftkey (actually owned by Microsoft since they bought it some years back) or Gboard (owned by Google). They have the features you need, and unlike the Samsung keyboard, both keyboards are available for other Android phones and iPhones. That means all your saved words and phrases will follow you even if you change phone brands if you save them to cloud.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Try adding another keyboard and set that to default. That should make Samsung keyboard option again. It's grayed out because you only have one keyboard.

However personally I would advise you to just use a third party keyboard like Swiftkey (actually owned by Microsoft since they bought it some years back) or Gboard (owned by Google). They have the features you need, and unlike the Samsung keyboard, both keyboards are available for other Android phones and iPhones. That means all your saved words and phrases will follow you even if you change phone brands if you save them to cloud.

I did downloaded Gboard as I had mention. It does have voice typing inside the settings. But my mic icon is gone!