Day 1 iPhone user know I want to move to android and need some questions answered.

BO55

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm using the red edition 256gb Iphone 7 Plus And have used most of the previous models also now I want to make the change to Samsung note 8. Now the best thing that I like about the iPhone is it never lags or freezes ( atleast not in my experience ) .I wouldn't call myself an apple fan boy but I'm into tech and apple for me was the best, I am abit in the eco system of Apple (iPhone,Apple Watch, iPad macbook etc etc) but I can come out of it as there are apps that works with both android and apple. But what's most important to me is if the phone will work without lag and freeze for atleast a year.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If you are just a little tech savy you will not have lag with Any Note device but the 8 is butter smooth, give yourself a month to get familiar and you won't look back

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the note 8 from launch day and has never lagged but froze twice on me otherwise it performs better than a iPhone does. I am heavily invested in IOS except for my phone which with Google apps integrates well with IOS.
Photos are better device is faster and much more feature rich device than Apple.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had every Note since the Note 2 and every iPhone, except the X, since the iPhone 4. I’ve never had an issue with any of them but historically the iPhone has been smoother. That has not been the case with the Note 8. My Note 8 is noticeably more smooth than my iPhone 8 Plus. It’s just a better experience.

As for the watch, it will depend on two things. Decide on a size as the sport is a smaller watch and may appeal to those with a smaller wrist. The other factor is swimming. If you plan on swimming with the watch then the sport is your choice. I also believe the S3 supports MST for Samsung Pay where the sport only supports NFC.

Good luck!

BO55

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply now I really can't wait to get a note 8 for myself and as for a new android/ Samsung user do you have any suggestions to make the transfer smoother

mattkerwin24

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply now I really can't wait to get a note 8 for myself and as for a new android/ Samsung user do you have any suggestions to make the transfer smoother
I've gone back and forth from iPhone to android...had a few of the previous Notes and had an iPhone 7plus...having the Note 8 for one week now, by far the smoothest phone I've ever used!

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Download Verizon content transfer on your iPhone and Note 8. You can transfer your photos and phone numbers using that app.

Download Android messenger for a similar experience to iMessenger.

Stock TouchWiz is ok, but perfer using Nova Launcher.

Get yourself a screen and case protector. The phone is definitely fragile, so I wouldn't recommend rocking it naked for too long.

If you want to get a bit creative, download bk disabler to disable any bloatware the phone comes with. You can do this for certain apps without the software. There are a few threads that covers this so I won't go into much detail.

Setup Samsung pay. I feel this feature is often under utalized, but is one of the main features of Samsung devices. Not only is it widely accepted, you earn tons of reward points with it.

Replace the keyboard with Google GBoard. Predictions on the stock Samsung keyboard sucks. There are a few other good ones out there, but I prefer Google keyboard as it a close alternative to iPhones keyboard.

Setup Google assistant and Google now. Awesome features and voice recognition is awesome. You can perform a lot with Google voice compared to Siri.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The best way to transfer from an iPhone to a Samsung is to use SmartSwitch. You can either direct transfer from iPhone to Samsung, or have the PC/Mac version of SmartSwitch to restore your iTunes backup to your Note.

BO55

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Wow thanks alot will definitely use all those suggestions. Can't wait to post here with my new note I even liked the gear VR is it worth it ?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I think you have to really be into gaming for the VR, personally I would probably just try it out and it would end up back in the box but that's me and you might get more use from it

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site

And don't forget to unlock developer options and turn down the animation to .5 look it up if you don't already know how.

BO55

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
And don't forget to unlock developer options and turn down the animation to .5 look it up if you don't already know how.

I just looked it up and it's awesome I will definitely do that. I hope there is no side effects to mess around developer options?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just looked it up and it's awesome I will definitely do that. I hope there is no side effects to mess around developer options?

there can be very big side effects, so just change the animation scale and nothing else.
developer options are kinda locked for a reason as in you don't *play around*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969