Note 8 - Oreo 8.0

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Where is the Oreo update/beta/info for the Note 8??

The S8 and the S8 plus are on their 3rd Oreo beta already with the November security patch! I'm sitting over here with the August security patch still and no updates on my Verizon N8. I don't understand because usually the note line comes first w/ sammy but not this time I guess.

My S7 Edge even has the November security patch 😑 oh well I guess here comes the waiting game...waiting for updates is nothing new and part of the process especially with Verizon lol

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I would expect it to be next year, all bugs ironed out plus a good few things arriving they couldn't implement with Nougat, I think Oreo will be a fair big upgrade for our Note

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
"What devices will get Project Treble support?

All devices that launch with Android 8.0 Oreoor above must fully supportProject Treble.

All devices that upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo are not required to fully support Project Treble.

The devices that have updates (official releases or closed betas) to Android 8.0 Oreo and do support Treble include the following:"

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-project-treble-revolutionizes-custom-roms-android-oreo/

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Give it at least 6 months from now. Chill and live life. You already have a fantastic phone with Android 7. Don't rush Android 8. Not going to make you a better human being ;)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
You'll want some P(ie) Android 9.0(?) To go with that Note 9 - gives the full taste of Treble I suppose.

Last edited:

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Give it at least 6 months from now. Chill and live life. You already have a fantastic phone with Android 7. Don't rush Android 8. Not going to make you a better human being ;)
Agreed!
I had Oreo on my Pixel. Big woop. Now I have Nougat on my N8. Couldn't care less.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Oreo is beta. It'll hit S9. It isolates carrier partition from system making support updates easier and faster. Under the hood.

Phones that ship with 8.0.0+ will for all purposes have to support Treble.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Why all of the crying every single time there's an update? When you buy these, you know it will take awhile to update. Enjoy your phone now for what it is instead of already wishing for something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay