Question about bixby button disable

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
If I create a Samsung Account so I can disable the bixby button can I then, cancel the Samsung Account and (still) have the bixby button disabled? Or has anyone tried that yet? I hope, this isn't a brain fart question like my last one was! :D

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I should have said, you can find your phone, you can wipe it if someone steals it, plus you can totally back it up to the Samsung cloud and use the app store, where you can get apps that have been written for Samsung. Well worth having it. Just remember the password!!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If I create a Samsung Account so I can disable the bixby button can I then, cancel the Samsung Account and (still) have the bixby button disabled? Or has anyone tried that yet? I hope, this isn't a brain fart question like my last one was! :D

the Samsung account is not for Bixby. Bixby is just one of Sammy's offerings. you can sign up for Samsung, get the goodies, and still disable Bixby with any one of several apps made to do so. I use BK Package Disabler because I can get the bloat out too.

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have not found a way to disable the Bixby button that does not require a Samsung account active. I don't have an active Samsung account because I don't want to agree to the terms and conditions of the Samsung account.

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The answer is right above your post. BK Package Disabler.

Just tried Bixby Remapper from the Play Store. It redirects the button so that Bixby does not start. Still get a brief tone/flash, but it works. You don't have to set up a Samsung account to use the remapper.