OMG Verizon Security Update at last

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I also notice the weather doesn't update in Bixby either.

Spoke with VZW tech support, after some wrangling back and forth they admitted that this is a known issue, they understand that their update broke the app and that Samsung should be pushing an update to their weather app soon.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
There is no way to delete this since it is a system app nor can it be found in the Google Play Store or the Galaxy App Store...

Yelp I can only force stop or disable.

Edit: well what do you lol. I just checked and it's working again.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else that is on Verizon not received the update? I've tried OTA and using the Verizon Update Assistant. Both say I have the current version. I'm still on the August security though so I know I'm not.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else that is on Verizon not received the update? I've tried OTA and using the Verizon Update Assistant. Both say I have the current version. I'm still on the August security though so I know I'm not.
My husband & I both have N8's on VZW. I pre-ordered the two of them at the same time, they were delivered together on 9/5 or 9/6 (I forget which was release day).

I've been delaying my update since the day this topic was started (I need to backup my Secure Folder first, and also have been waiting to hear a few more folks tell me that S Note & Action Memo came out unscathed!). Tonight I asked my husb if he got it (he normally tells me before he installs them). His update status still says "Current", with the Sept update.

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I saw the posts about the update and tried to update my note 8. When I try to update, it fails and says I should try when on charger (is fully charged and won't update on charger either).

The update screen vibrates before I get the message that the update did not happen.

Any ideas what the problem could be.

New (a few weeks) note 8 on Verizon. Stock, not rooted, Touch Wiz launcher.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I saw the posts about the update and tried to update my note 8. When I try to update, it fails and says I should try when on charger (is fully charged and won't update on charger either).

The update screen vibrates before I get the message that the update did not happen.

Any ideas what the problem could be.

New (a few weeks) note 8 on Verizon. Stock, not rooted, Touch Wiz launcher.
I'm getting the same. I've never had that happen before. I've plugged in and tried at both home and work so connection isn't an issue. I guess I'll just wait.

diagoro

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm still on the August security update...

Someone posted about Verizon always waiting to get updates right, can't disagree more. They pushed several updated to my Note 4 that destroyed aspects of the phone, than continually stated they have zero input or responsibility for updates (stating that Samsung was solely responsible).

Just hoping they're better with the flagship phone....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams