Contacts, calendar' birthdays, anniversaries not showing up

rasputin01

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
So, i took the time to go through all of my old contacts and entered them in one at a time on my new Note 8 using the Samsung Contacts app. My contacts do show up on the new gmail account i had setup prior to getting the phone. I have the contacts saved to gmail not device.

When i go into the Samsung Calendar app the only birthday that appears is my own.
None of my contacts birthdays or anniversaries are there.

I havent logged in to FB yet to sync with those contacts to add them yet, ive been trying to do this one thing at a time.

When i go in to the calendar app on the Note 8 all the toggles are green.
My Phone: My Calendars, Contacts Birthdays, My Tasks
Google: my email account here
Samsung: samsung Calendar, Samsung Tasks,
+ Add account

What am i doing wrong?

I am still working on setting up the phone, sometimes i think about just doing a factory reset / restore and starting over.
I had ads from hell after my lock screen till i deleted most of the apps.
The other night it came on by itself blaring music waking me up at 3:00am - not cool.
Sometimes the ads would just pop up - not in internet mode, just using the phone, inputting contacts, etc.
anyway - thats a different issue.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Take care that the phone is clean.
No junkware, adware, malware.

Then attack the other issue. Hope something isn't snooping or a backdoor trojan horse.

I would run malwarebytes - always.
I think its ESET that can do in-depth file scans.

But yes do factory reset, total wipe, and don't restore from backups.

rasputin01

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I have Malwarebytes and Kaspersky. Ill do a wipe tonight. Once i got rid of the extra apps it stopped.

Any ideas on the birthdays and such on how to get them to my calendar?

rasputin01

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Well.... i logged in to my Google account via the Internet tab, looked around, didnt change anything.
Now it works. Go figure. At least it is working now.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to ask this, because it sounds this way from your OP. Did you create a new Google account because you got a new phone?

BigRedGonzo

rasputin01

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Yes, i created a new gmail account before i got the phone. I wanted to start fresh, too much junk on my hotmail and old gmail accounts.