Recommendation for best protection plan

gmagnes

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Can folks recommend best protection plan.

Am leaning toward Verizon because also covers loss and theft as well as damage.

Have seen Worth Ave Group which has relatively low cost and only $50 deductible. Anyone have experience with them?

Thought it would be good idea to go with plan that also covers loss/ theft.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
no experience with worth but heard some good things. I drop everything so I keep the carrier insurance and I got worth ave. ymmv they are two different types of coverage though there is an overlap in some areas.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
The verizon one is the way to go if you're worried about theft. If you aren't the square trade is like $7.99 a month I believe, the reason why I like it is because the deductible is only $129 regardless of the device.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
There is no reason to sign up and pay for Square Trade until you actually need it. They don't place any restrictions on when you sign up or any minimum time you need to wait before filing a claim. I can't see any reason to pay for coverage I don't need, especially during the warranty period, when it wouldn't cover theft or loss in any event.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
There is no reason to sign up and pay for Square Trade until you actually need it. They don't place any restrictions on when you sign up or any minimum time you need to wait before filing a claim. I can't see any reason to pay for coverage I don't need, especially during the warranty period, when it wouldn't cover theft or loss in any event.

unless they changed their policy, it's within the first 30-days, otherwise you're insuring a used device.

eta - and it seems they did. nice. I'm glad I got Worth Ave since it's cheaper, but I also have ST policies for my home items.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Square trade has an app that you have to run to get coverage. It makes you test various items plus you only have 30 days to sign up now IIRC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar