My Note 8 has died naturally??. DEAD!!! :(

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
re:

Do some reading about how to maximize the life of Lithium Ion batteries. Running on the battery if there is an opportunity to use the phone while plugged into a power source is just plain idiotic. Letting it run down is absolutely the worst possible thing to do. When sitting at a desk or somewhere near a power source having it always plugged in, will automatically turn off the charging once it reaches 100% and you can use it for long periods of time running just on the charging cable and giving the battery a rest. That's why you should leave it on the wireless charger or plugged into a charger overnight when sleeping as well - so all night long, the phone's battery is not forced to do work for no reason at all. The only time when the above is not really true is if you plan on replacing your phone every year. Then it doesn't really matter, as long as you don't repeatedly let the phone completely run out of juice.

Treating my phone the way I have as mentioned above, I've had phones 3 years old with batteries that perform as though they are brand new. That last statement is proof this is clearly the best way to treat a lithium ion battery.

AndroidFan3420

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
re:

Do some reading about how to maximize the life of Lithium Ion batteries. Running on the battery if there is an opportunity to use the phone while plugged into a power source is just plain idiotic. Letting it run down is absolutely the worst possible thing to do. When sitting at a desk or somewhere near a power source having it always plugged in, will automatically turn off the charging once it reaches 100% and you can use it for long periods of time running just on the charging cable and giving the battery a rest. That's why you should leave it on the wireless charger or plugged into a charger overnight when sleeping as well - so all night long, the phone's battery is not forced to do work for no reason at all. The only time when the above is not really true is if you plan on replacing your phone every year. Then it doesn't really matter, as long as you don't repeatedly let the phone completely run out of juice.

Treating my phone the way I have as mentioned above, I've had phones 3 years old with batteries that perform as though they are brand new. That last statement is proof this is clearly the best way to treat a lithium ion battery.
Charging to 100% and let it sit at 100% while connected to a charger? That's not good for the battery longetivity. Keeping the phone at 100% and connected keeps the battery at a high voltage and your lithium battery doesn't like that. You should just top of your battery through out the day if you have a charger next to you.

stryfe

May 16, 2010
Visit site
re:

I had this same issue after the battery depleted and was going to send the phone back after I exhausted all possible efforts. Here is what actually worked for me.

I used my Gear S3 charger with 750mah since it was low voltage and the phone would vibrate every 6 seconds but nothing else after leaving it on for hours, but at least it was finally doing something. So I got the bright idea to leave it plugged and put it on my wireless charger at the same time. It stopped vibrating, but nothing else. I was hoping it had enough juice for the power management to take over. I took it off the wireless charger and left it plugged in and 10 mins later i got the full charging symbol. I let it power up to 15% and powered it on, success! I thought it was a goner.

Only issue now is that my wireless charging no longer works. I keep getting the "Pausing" error, but at least I have my phone back.

als369

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
re:

This is exactly what happened to me. I had to file a warranty claim with my carrier and got a new phone. That new phone had the same issue, filed another claim. This third phone seems to be ok now

als369

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
re:

And to add to the story, I noticed the issue at 25%, put it on the charger and the battery would not charge. It would only go down until it eventually cut off and never turned back on. So that is why your phone is not turning back on. It is a battery issue, not that he/she let it get to 0%

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
re:

Only issue now is that my wireless charging no longer works. I keep getting the "Pausing" error, but at least I have my phone back.

dang. sorry you lost your charger, but really glad your phone was revived. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get nailed with this. I have a ton of cheapo wireless chargers and cords.

monil

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
re:

So I was using the phone and noticed it's at 1% battery. Soon it dies. I immediately put the phone to a charger and walks away for a few minutes.

No light shows. Screen is blank. /panic

Googles symptom. Try soft resetting (vol down + pwr) nada. (vol up+bixby+pwr). zit..

Just called Samsung and rep is unable to handle this case. Tells me to send the phone for repair. Data will be erased. !!!

DAMN! My data is gone!!!!

*If I put the phone to samsung wireless charger, charger lights up.. but phone is as dead as a brick.

I'm screwed. right? DAMN IT SAMSUNG!

*EDIT 1*

Trying PC usb port now. But unlike the other post. I don't get the circle. Screen is completely dark.

Only thing I noticed on the screen was when I plugged in the charger very slowly, the screen showed white glitch like *pow!* ~~ (like the effect of old TV screen being shut off) and I thought that was the motherboard giving its last goodbye. :(

Happened in one of my HTC phones which I wanted to bring to life after 3 years (yes 3 years). I connected it to the official charger/ cable. Put it in a place where there was sunlight falling on the phone. And within 45 minutes, it booted up just fine.

larciel

May 1, 2013
Visit site
re:

Seems like a lot of similar incidents!

I claimed warranty and Tmobile makes you pay $5 for manufacture defect!!! :mad:

And I'm getting a refurb!!!! >:mad:

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
re:

Seems like a lot of similar incidents!

I claimed warranty and Tmobile makes you pay $5 for manufacture defect!!! :mad:

And I'm getting a refurb!!!! >:mad:

that's why it's always better to stick with the devil you know. you didn't have an option. that is cold though. it's early enough after release that your refurb might actually morph into a new phone by the time it gets to you. not a lot of refurb N8s in the wild yet.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
re:

that's why it's always better to stick with the devil you know. you didn't have an option. that is cold though. it's early enough after release that your refurb might actually morph into a new phone by the time it gets to you. not a lot of refurb N8s in the wild yet.

Ha, with any luck you'll get one in return that is a refurbished unit that was abused by a negligent user.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Also, people with this battery problem would it be better to take it to one of the repair shops like Cellaris, Sprint repair stores or cellphone CPR and get the battery replaced rather than rolling the dice on Samsung for a replacement or warranty repair and taking months of headaches to deal with?

I know it will cost you money but it would be better than waiting ages for a replacement or getting a refurb device.

larciel

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Also, people with this battery problem would it be better to take it to one of the repair shops like Cellaris, Sprint repair stores or cellphone CPR and get the battery replaced rather than rolling the dice on Samsung for a replacement or warranty repair and taking months of headaches to deal with?

I know it will cost you money but it would be better than waiting ages for a replacement or getting a refurb device.

That's what I did!