Root to get hot spot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinWood44

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
Bear w me Im not as tech savvy as many of you.....

I have a N8 and a grandfathered unlimited Verizon plan so mobile hot spot is not part of my plan. Ive been told I can hack hot spot but most "root" my N8 first.

Ive read some articles and some say go for it, others say not to do.

Questions:

1. Is rooting the only way to hack mobile hot spot?

2. If so, do u recommend I root my N8?

3. Can I change the permissions and UNroot my device?

4. If I root, Ive heard my battery wont charge above 80%? True?

5. If I UNroot will my batt charge to 100%

Basically I want to know if I can make the change, get hot spot, then UNroot without ****in up my N8

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank u!!!

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just pay the $29.99 for the subscription and you don't have to do anything weird or unethical or complicated. Problem solved.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Rooting is fraught with danger. You are vulnerable to malware, this is assuming you haven't loaded it during the process.!
You may not get updates. You have a very real risk of bricking your device. Unrooting is not always successful. And a host more reasons to stay right away unless you really are tech savvy and have done loads of research... It's not for the faint of heart.... You have been warned :)

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Rooting is fraught with danger. You are vulnerable to malware, this is assuming you haven't loaded it during the process.!
You may not get updates. You hear a very real risk of bricking your device. Unrooting is not always successful. And a host more reasons to stay right away unless you really are tech savvy and have done loads of research... It's not for the faint of heart.... You have been warned :)

And not only that. Most rooting methods, if not all, will trip Knox, void warranty forever and you'll lose Samsung Pay and secure folder among other things.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I got the unlocked Note 8 and didn't have to pay for Hot Spot which is an extra $10/month. I was pleasantly surprised it was available. My carrier also puts a cap of 10Gb's/month for hotspot usage but no such cap exists because of the unlocked Note 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz