Tried Nova launcher and went back to stock

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I love Samsung Themes so I am usually using the stock launcher unless I want some Oreo goodness in which case I switch to Nova launcher.

Jason Rogers1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I do like stock and ised it ever since I got the note 8 but recently switched to nova and it so much smoother than stock. Also like the themes better

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I've been a die hard Nova prime user for a while. I would always just install it immediately on any device I got, but I switched back to stock and am actually liking it a lot now. I feel it runs smoother and faster than Nova. Battery life is even better for me. Freed up lots of space also and deleted the countless icon packs I had..

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Does it help with phones overall performance and does it free up more RAM? Thanks
It definitely does. The program displays how much active ram each program is using. I mean, if you're like me, I like to keep as little background programs running as much as I can control.

I have bixby home, voice, touchwiz, Verizon bloatware, Samsung messager services and calendar turned off since I use a separate app for all of these programs.

I view it this way, if I don't use the stock Samsung app, I prefer turning it off, there isn't a need to leave two app doing the same thing on.

But this phone has plenty of ram, it really doesn't matter. I've noticed it does help when I'm using Dex.

Last edited:

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
It's funny because I downloaded nova prime yesterday on my note 8 and then uninstalled it 10 minutes later. I just like the stock launcher better on this phone. Wish we could use the icon packs on it though.

Jason Rogers1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It definitely does. The program displays how much active ram each program is using. I mean, if you're like me, I like to keep as little background programs running as much as I can control.

I have bixby home, voice, touchwiz, Verizon bloatware, Samsung messager services and calendar turned off since I use a separate app for all of these programs.

I view it this way, if I don't use the stock Samsung app, I prefer turning it off, there isn't a need to leave two app doing the same thing on.

But this phone has plenty of ram, it really doesn't matter. I've noticed it does help when I'm using Dex.
Thanks, I will definitely have to try it out. Still on the fence about getting dex though. I really want it but not sure if it's worth it yet.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I found DeX to be "interesting" but needed more memory than my S8+. Was always always getting "low on memory." Have a Note 8 but haven't attached it yet. There is rumor news of a new DeX Dock device to coincide with the launch of SD845 and S9 Galaxy.

Microsoft even thinks the Snapdragon 835+ can form the basis of an ARM Windows 10 thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers