The Note 8 (and S8 I assume) has a really crappy looking incoming call "wallpaper." It's like a white/green/red/mush/light blah. I know the little contact photo is there. From an aesthetics point of view, can it be changed??

Thanks!
    12-10-2017 10:36 PM
    It's fairly ugly alright! Many of us have been clamouring for dark themes for years now, but Google keeps producing those revolting, blinding themes...
    With each new version we get teased with dark themes to find nothing of the sort on release! Tragic...
    12-11-2017 02:29 AM
    The Note 8 (and S8 I assume) has a really crappy looking incoming call "wallpaper." It's like a white/green/red/mush/light blah. I know the little contact photo is there. From an aesthetics point of view, can it be changed??

Thanks!
    I bought this theme for a couple of bucks:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=Gn1LF9PD

I appreciate it's a theme that includes the phone screen, as opposed to just a phone theme, but I thought I'd let you make your mind up.
    Attached Thumbnails Is there a way to change the incoming call background away from those washed out colors?-screenshot_20171211-194948.jpg  
    12-11-2017 02:53 AM
    This one's just called "red"
    12-11-2017 05:42 AM
    I think the OP is referring to the background when receiving an incoming call. I just didn't want to see this thread turn into a dialer theme thread. If this was as easy as changing a theme, it wouldn't be an issue. The Samsung Call app is the one controlling the calls and AFAIK can't be themed.
    12-11-2017 06:20 AM
    I think the OP is referring to the background when receiving an incoming call. I just didn't want to see this thread turn into a dialer theme thread. If this was as easy as changing a theme, it wouldn't be an issue. The Samsung Call app is the one controlling the calls and AFAIK can't be themed.
    Exactly. Not the dialer.

I guess I have to live with it.
    12-11-2017 10:03 AM
    Oh, ok. I don't notice the background during call......it's usually against my ear! What about substratum & Swift Black?
    12-11-2017 02:07 PM
    Oh, ok. I don't notice the background during call......it's usually against my ear! What about substratum & Swift Black?
    LOL... Wait, you keep your phone against your ear all the time?

I am referring to what you see when the phone is ringing. For example, it starts ringing and you look down at it... that.
    12-11-2017 03:14 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=AEdEmXmO

I appreciate it's a theme that includes the phone screen, as opposed to just a phone theme, but I thought I'd let you make your mind up.
    I love his work!
    Heavens1 likes this.
    12-11-2017 03:22 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=lOptWaph

Just as an aside... what is this app called? Your link doesn't work from a desktop computer. Thanks!
    12-11-2017 05:34 PM
    Just as an aside... what is this app called? Your link doesn't work from a desktop computer. Thanks!
    It's a samsung theme that I get to by : settings, wallpapers and themes
    Attached Thumbnails Is there a way to change the incoming call background away from those washed out colors?-screenshot_20171212-103702.jpg  
    12-11-2017 05:38 PM
    There is a Samsung dialer app update as of a few days ago. I won't download it as mine is working fine and since Samsung chooses NOT to be transparent about EXACTLY what the update includes, not updating until I find out from many others it doesn't break something. If you want to update and let us know if it works, and what changed, that would be cool. Maybe they changed it to include background options?

To update, go to you Galaxy Apps app and it should show up as needing updated.
    12-11-2017 05:48 PM
    I updated, and have used the phone numerous times since without issue, but, I can't identify what they updated, lol.

Also, I can't find the samsung apps, like phone, in the galaxy store once they're updated. Where are they located?
    12-11-2017 06:49 PM
    I updated, and have used the phone numerous times since without issue, but, I can't identify what they updated, lol.

Also, I can't find the samsung apps, like phone, in the galaxy store once they're updated. Where are they located?
    Once in the Galaxy Apps app, tap on the 3 dots in the upper right. Then tap on My Apps followed by All. You should see them all listed there.
    12-11-2017 08:41 PM
    Once in the Galaxy Apps app, tap on the 3 dots in the upper right. Then tap on My Apps followed by All. You should see them all listed there.
    No unfortunately dialer, and most other basic samsung type apps don't show there or anywhere else, until an update comes.
    12-12-2017 01:01 AM