Virus/Malware Pop-Ups?!?! Help!!!

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm suddenly getting these odd virus pop-ups.

I haven't sideloaded any apps or anything.

I downloaded a few new apps yesterday, including the Pro version of BK Plugin 2. Could that be it?

Anyway, how do I get rid of this?
586101491b6108c830e932a4ea365595.jpg

4e9804904c949a823f7cf5320701bb86.jpg

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
that's defo an app causing that, try and boot in to recovery and clear cache first, whatever you do, don't click the repair now option

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
If you're on a browser when this is happens then it's a kind of false ad. When you click on the repair button it makes you buy some crappy app. You can ignore it.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Adware.

Delete or uninstall data and cache of browser.
Use adblocking.
Run Malwarebytes. Plus it can warn you if a site is or has phishing or other issues.

Just turning off JavaScript also prevents cross-site issues.

Samsung Internet supports adblocking extensions or there is full Adguard.com

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Thank you - I did all of those things.

I hope that works.

Also, I cannot seem to delete BK Plugin 2 and the Disabler. It won't let me Deactivate - can you help with that, please?

If you made it a device administrator I believe you need to turn that off before.

As for the ads they will come back since they come from the websites you visit themselves. They're not unlike the popup you get on your computer that tells you you've been selected for some contest. You can ignore them. That's been going on for quite a while.

https://www.androidauthority.com/mobile-scareware-ads-338182/

If you're generally careful about what you install on your device, then you'll be fine.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
So, BK Plugin is not the culprit?

The phone wasn't letting me "Deactivate" them.

Oh no BK is not the problem here. Those are two seperate issues. It's just a coincidence.

The way to uninstall BK is actually explained on the app page:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobizsystems.mdm

- Deactive Device Administrator permission of this app before uninstall normally
- In other way, open this application, click on [Menu] (3 dots at top right corner)-> [Uninstall this app]

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I can't say if you should delete it because I don't know the app itself. But given that it's not what's causing the initial issue you can consider keeping it. :)

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I presume that's not the cause. What else could it be?

How/where would it show me?

Last edited:

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried to swipe-screenshot one and I actually clicked one. Ugh.

I've since wiped the cache partition and I rain Malwarebytes.

I also have AVG (Pro) if that helps, and SD Maid Pro (if that helps) and Memory Booster Pro (if that helps).

Insight, please.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I tried to swipe-screenshot one and I actually clicked one. Ugh.

I've since wiped the cache partition and I rain Malwarebytes.

I also have AVG (Pro) if that helps, and SD Maid Pro (if that helps) and Memory Booster Pro (if that helps).

Insight, please.

No you see that's the thing you're not infected by anything. Those popups are complete scams. They can't even access your file system to tell you you're infected.

Now if you clicked the button but did nothing else you should be good. Normally, you should still have to authorize the fake AV app to be installed for it to do so. So check if there was an apk downloaded and if so delete it. Also, empty your browser cache. Then you can get on with your life with peace of mind! :)