Doogee Shoot 1 - Android 6 - Triada Chromes HELP

ceriedwards

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I recently bought a Doogee Shoot1 loaded with Android 6 from Amazon.

Worked great for two weeks but last week (its only 3 weeks old) had warnings of 'Chromes' APP loading automatically.

Easy to delete app BUT it loads again within minuits. Mostly 20 -25 times a day.

This I believe is because of a TRIADA virus. I believe that this virus was delivered with the phone because I have only ever installed apps from the official Google Playstore.

I am running CCleaner and AVG and whilst AVG will inform me of the installation of 'Chromes' I have to manually remove them.

My concerns are thus:-
I do my banking via a Phone app - ]
I have confidential sms, email and other conversations via the phone.

Am I really at risk?

I cannot trust the phone so and Doogee are not interested.

GOOGLE - HELP. Doogee are using your OS to sell their phones (and many other firms) Google (ANDROID) you have a duty of care to your end-users so get this sorted either by a new OS (protected) or some sort of patch.

AMAZON are selling phones that are not fit for purpose - they should be putting pressure on the likes of Doogee to resolve this or replace phone.

Please guys do not reply by telling me to 'boot' the phone or talk about 'Kernals' etc - I am sure you are all very cleaver but I just want to USE my phone and am not able to understand the software mechanics.

If I bought a car and the brakes were disabled by the engine management system the manufacturer would not expect me to remove the computer and try to find the fault in the software would they?

This is a massive problem undermining the security of every phone running ANDROID - I bet APPLE are very happy but what are GOOGLE doing about it?

HELP

ceriedwards

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Very helpful reply!

They turn over around 875Million Yen per annum and they make phones in China.

SO DO APPLE.

Keep your sarcasm to yourself if you cannot make any serious points.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Android is in essence open source. Anyone can use Android without asking permission from Google. The only thing about Android that Google can control is access to the Play Store. They cannot dictate how Doogee will edit Android for their use. Google does make security patches for Android but again, unless it's a Pixel or Android One device, they don't have any control if you will get the update or not. It's up to the manufacturer. Just take this as a lesson and stop buying from those kinds of Chinese brands.