Battery is terrible

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Start over. Carefully after wiping system. No restore. A clean system. Rule out software.

You probably have app(s) even if not obvious or listed. Facebook is a background hog of course.

Then see how the battery is doing.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
A better way is thru Developers. But I don't find battery section really does it. And rogue apps don't follow rules.

It's amazing what clean install does, computer, phon. O r when upgrading.

Haley Chris

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
Yeah get rid of the Facebook App and lower your screen brightness and go through your other apps you don't use and uninstall them or disable them

Haley Chris

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
If you still wanna use Facebook you can get a better app to use one is Called... Metal and Another One is called Tinfoil there both better then the Facebook App

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
How is this terrible battery life.. after nearly 5 hours of use I would expect to be at 70% something. I mean I use my phone pretty heavily and I get roughly 15 hours on the batter or 5 hours screen on time and have 15% or so at the end of the night.. I guess I'm not seeing this as a problem

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how that's terrible battery life unless you expect to be at 75% after a whole day of use which would be totally unrealistic with any phone.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
How is this terrible battery life.. after nearly 5 hours of use I would expect to be at 70% something. I mean I use my phone pretty heavily and I get roughly 15 hours on the batter or 5 hours screen on time and have 15% or so at the end of the night.. I guess I'm not seeing this as a problem

after the last update that google messed up, I was a 65% yesterday after one hour. that update messed my phone up so bad. still po'd. never took update from google or sammy until my N8.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I found that my battery degraded a fair amount when I would leave the phone by default on its wireless charger at work. It's almost like I was charging it too frequently, which is I believe something that can degrade the battery. Someone suggested oddly enough, switching to high performance mode, not charging it until it gets below 50%, and leaving high performance mode on for a week. I just hit the week mark, and my battery life is significantly improved.

Boosted Veteran

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
ive noticed some battery gain from running in high performance mode too, use to run in optimized mode. at first it seemed worse by a little, after a few days ive noticed my battery life becoming better.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
ive noticed some battery gain from running in high performance mode too, use to run in optimized mode. at first it seemed worse by a little, after a few days ive noticed my battery life becoming better.

I was under the impression that high performance mode was just the 2k and 10 percent brighter, gaming mode and video enhancement turned on. I run my phone with optimized 2k turned on brightness under half way as this phone screen is too bright. That always gave me better battery that high performance due to the screen brightness.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I was under the impression that high performance mode was just the 2k and 10 percent brighter, gaming mode and video enhancement turned on. I run my phone with optimized 2k turned on brightness under half way as this phone screen is too bright. That always gave me better battery that high performance due to the screen brightness.
I was too, and I can't claim that it makes sense. Performance mode should theoretically have the worst battery life. Someone on there forums suggested trying it for a week despite that and I did, and so far it has given me better battery life than standard with Full HD. Theoretically, it's possible that Samsung spent extra software cycles optimizing performance node's battery usage and made it really good, so much so, that it's more efficient than standard. Hard to believe, but that's why my experience after a week is showing. I'm only one person, and my usage patterns are different to others, so who knows if this will work for more than me, and then other person here who suggested it to me.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
my first note 8 I was experimenting a bit and performance mode seemed to work best, when that had to go in for a warranty repair and I bought a new one I decided to run performance mode only and I'm hitting over 6 hour SOT plus about 3 hours of music, WiFi and 4g/lte always on but location and Bluetooth only when needed, I do turn brightness down though unless I'm watching something that needs it high, maybe once my phone have been down to 30% so theoretically I should be able to get over 9 hour SOT.
Mind you I do have very good signals, wifi/phone/lte where I live and work and that does mean a lot too

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm