I get very bad drain every day. I don't know why..
    Attached Thumbnails Battery is terrible-7183.jpg  
    12-14-2017 04:04 PM
    Have you tried to clear the cache partition. That might help especially if you did an update.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    12-14-2017 04:22 PM
    Start over. Carefully after wiping system. No restore. A clean system. Rule out software.

You probably have app(s) even if not obvious or listed. Facebook is a background hog of course.

Then see how the battery is doing.
    12-14-2017 04:33 PM
    You can stop apps from running in the background under battery settings
    12-14-2017 05:01 PM
    A better way is thru Developers. But I don't find battery section really does it. And rogue apps don't follow rules.

It's amazing what clean install does, computer, phon. O r when upgrading.
    12-14-2017 05:26 PM
    Yeah get rid of the Facebook App and lower your screen brightness and go through your other apps you don't use and uninstall them or disable them
    12-14-2017 05:50 PM
    If you still wanna use Facebook you can get a better app to use one is Called... Metal and Another One is called Tinfoil there both better then the Facebook App
    12-14-2017 05:58 PM
    How is this terrible battery life.. after nearly 5 hours of use I would expect to be at 70% something. I mean I use my phone pretty heavily and I get roughly 15 hours on the batter or 5 hours screen on time and have 15% or so at the end of the night.. I guess I'm not seeing this as a problem
    barondebxl, Gray Area and iSilas like this.
    12-14-2017 08:56 PM
    Not sure how that's terrible battery life unless you expect to be at 75% after a whole day of use which would be totally unrealistic with any phone.
    Jewels81 and Gray Area like this.
    12-14-2017 09:41 PM
    There is a ton of YouTube videos on how to tweet your note 8 and save battery life.
    12-14-2017 09:54 PM
    I get very bad drain every day. I don't know why..
    Bad only if it is idling for the 5hrs, but obviously it's not? What's the SOT?
    12-14-2017 10:00 PM
    Bad only if it is idling for the 5hrs, but obviously it's not? What's the SOT?
    This. Post screenshots of the screen on time and battery chart to give respondents a better idea of your usage and signal strength.
    12-15-2017 11:03 AM
    How is this terrible battery life.. after nearly 5 hours of use I would expect to be at 70% something. I mean I use my phone pretty heavily and I get roughly 15 hours on the batter or 5 hours screen on time and have 15% or so at the end of the night.. I guess I'm not seeing this as a problem
    after the last update that google messed up, I was a 65% yesterday after one hour. that update messed my phone up so bad. still po'd. never took update from google or sammy until my N8.
    12-15-2017 11:18 AM
    Thanks to everyone that responded
    12-15-2017 05:05 PM
    I found that my battery degraded a fair amount when I would leave the phone by default on its wireless charger at work. It's almost like I was charging it too frequently, which is I believe something that can degrade the battery. Someone suggested oddly enough, switching to high performance mode, not charging it until it gets below 50%, and leaving high performance mode on for a week. I just hit the week mark, and my battery life is significantly improved.
    12-16-2017 01:04 AM
    ive noticed some battery gain from running in high performance mode too, use to run in optimized mode. at first it seemed worse by a little, after a few days ive noticed my battery life becoming better.
    12-16-2017 03:22 AM
    ive noticed some battery gain from running in high performance mode too, use to run in optimized mode. at first it seemed worse by a little, after a few days ive noticed my battery life becoming better.
    I was under the impression that high performance mode was just the 2k and 10 percent brighter, gaming mode and video enhancement turned on. I run my phone with optimized 2k turned on brightness under half way as this phone screen is too bright. That always gave me better battery that high performance due to the screen brightness.
    12-16-2017 02:30 PM
    I was under the impression that high performance mode was just the 2k and 10 percent brighter, gaming mode and video enhancement turned on. I run my phone with optimized 2k turned on brightness under half way as this phone screen is too bright. That always gave me better battery that high performance due to the screen brightness.
    I was too, and I can't claim that it makes sense. Performance mode should theoretically have the worst battery life. Someone on there forums suggested trying it for a week despite that and I did, and so far it has given me better battery life than standard with Full HD. Theoretically, it's possible that Samsung spent extra software cycles optimizing performance node's battery usage and made it really good, so much so, that it's more efficient than standard. Hard to believe, but that's why my experience after a week is showing. I'm only one person, and my usage patterns are different to others, so who knows if this will work for more than me, and then other person here who suggested it to me.
    12-16-2017 02:42 PM
    my first note 8 I was experimenting a bit and performance mode seemed to work best, when that had to go in for a warranty repair and I bought a new one I decided to run performance mode only and I'm hitting over 6 hour SOT plus about 3 hours of music, WiFi and 4g/lte always on but location and Bluetooth only when needed, I do turn brightness down though unless I'm watching something that needs it high, maybe once my phone have been down to 30% so theoretically I should be able to get over 9 hour SOT.
    Mind you I do have very good signals, wifi/phone/lte where I live and work and that does mean a lot too
    Zolti likes this.
    12-16-2017 03:13 PM