question: do you turn off your phone at night?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
No moving parts, nothing to wear out..
I never turn mine off except on planes on long hauls.... However, if it makes sense to you, then turn it off by all means :) :)

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Not me, it's my alarm clock!
I don't think there are any gains with leaving it off other than saving battery, but if you are in a position to turn it off at night, why not.

Boosted Veteran

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
i havent ever with any of my samsung phones, i restart them every few days. only time theyll ever get shut off for extended periods of time is if im somewhere im unable to use my phone for awhile, like somewhere with no signal for more than a day. even then most the time i just put them in airplane mode so i still have a way to tell time lol

JPR45

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't turn my note 8 off at night, however once a week, usually Sunday, I restart all my electronics. Modems, cell phones, Roku, everything connected to the internet gets rebooted. All seem to work better once restarted.

Boosted Veteran

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I don't turn my note 8 off at night, however once a week, usually Sunday, I restart all my electronics. Modems, cell phones, Roku, everything connected to the internet gets rebooted. All seem to work better once restarted.

Most electronics that have a "brain" definitely benefit from a restart atleast once a week or when you notice they arent operating at the usual speeds.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I turn my note 8 off every night. Allways turn off my mobile phone, someone wants to get in contact with me, they wait till morning, lol.

I use one of my old BlackBerry phones as my alarm clock.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have always turned my cell phone off at night, and still do with my Note 8. I have an iHome clock radio for my alarm, it has a battery backup and will sound my alarm even if there's no power. I'm in construction and I am not comfortable just leaving my phone charging as I wander around installing duct so out of habit I charge it before I go to bed and turn it off so it's fully charged at the start of the day. We still have the triple play so if someone has an emergency they can call the house phone or my wife's, she leaves hers on, it's her alarm.

saffy77

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
I put mine on airplane mode. I'm a light sleeper, so will always look over at it on the charging pad to see what the time is on the always on display (and to find out if I still have those precious few hours left in bed until the alarm goes off!)

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine goes to Do Not Disturb Mode regardless of what phone I use but never turn it off at night. You never know when someone needs your help or when quite frankly you need help!

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Yes I turn mine off after 8 PM. I need a break and so does everyone else. However, I do have a land line and a computer. I need to resolve to turn the computer off after 8 PM too. Life is so much less frantic when you turn off the technology imo.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have no landline so my phone is always on in case there's an emergency call. Even aside from that consideration, I wouldn't go to the trouble of shutting it down daily. My DND settings prevent the phone from ever ringing for any caller who's not on my contact list, and I trust my contacts not to call at unreasonable times.

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes I turn mine off after 8 PM. I need a break and so does everyone else. However, I do have a land line and a computer. I need to resolve to turn the computer off after 8 PM too. Life is so much less frantic when you turn off the technology imo.

Agreed. I'm a manager of an apartment building so my other phone stays on.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used Bixby much but I wonder if you could give it a command to turn your device on at a determined time from a turned off state?