Visual Voicemail Issue

Digihorizons

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I'm trying to figure out why visual voicemail decides to blast any voicemails I try to listen to tho the large speaker letting everyone in the room hear my voicemails and there's apparently no option to change the settings, does anyone have a solution? I'm with ATT, should I just call ATT and ask them to switch me back to old voicemail?

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm trying to figure out why visual voicemail decides to blast any voicemails I try to listen to tho the large speaker letting everyone in the room hear my voicemails and there's apparently no option to change the settings, does anyone have a solution? I'm with ATT, should I just call ATT and ask them to switch me back to old voicemail?
It's a setting somewhere. I have it and it never speaks.

Digihorizons

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
What about switch back to voicemail that requires a code to listen to voicemails? It doesn't ask that anymore, I switched up from a note 2 that always required me to entire passcode to listen to my voicemails.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
What about switch back to voicemail that requires a code to listen to voicemails? It doesn't ask that anymore, I switched up from a note 2 that always required me to entire passcode to listen to my voicemails.
I've got the Note 8 and also on AT&T and I don't have a problem with messages playing through the external speaker.

Couldn't find any settings within voicemail that might cause this either. However, I did notice this setting (settings/sound & vibration/separate app sound). I've literally never seen it before so I have no idea exactly how it works, but if you use it and have it enabled, then maybe that's the problem.

Other than that, my only suggestion would be to try a factory reset. If that doesn't fix it then maybe you've got a defective unit and should return it to AT&T for replacement. Screenshot_20180115-153724.jpg

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm with AT&T and when I get a VVM, mine comes up speaking to the handset. If I want speakerphone, I have to actually press the speaker icon at the bottom of the page to put it on speaker. Not quite sure why yours is doing that - my VVM Version Number is 1.0.26.19. You can find that under the three vertical dots at the upper right corner of your list of messages.