New Microsoft Launcher Thread

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
It sounds like a few people with Note 8s are either trying or retrying Microsoft Launcher so I thought it would be nice to have place to discuss it. It seems like Microsoft is determined to become an even bigger player in the Android space so this launcher is likely to keep getting better.

One thing I do not like is how it messes up the app name sometimes in the drawer. It makes it 2 lines with only a few letters on the second line. That's why I like to be able to edit the name. I make it fit properly on either one or two lines.

mundyb

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My favorite things are the fresh Bing background every day, the Recent Apps screen, and expanding drawer with quick settings at the bottom. I wish you could customize which quick settings were included.

The most recent update brought more icon rows with 1/2 step icon placement very similar to Nova.

I regularly switch back and forth from Nova, TW, and Microsoft, but I consider Microsoft my most preferred. If you keep the same launcher all the time I think it's bad for the brain. Make it work a little! haha

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
You're funny. I would like the option to have a blank page with folders but the recently used apps is genius. I venture to say it's more efficient than Nova.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Just gave me Launcher a go after 3-4 months away. Was disappointed. Grid and sub grid positioning is off. Desktop folders on Note are tiny and app icons inside even smaller.

Don't think it's there yet..

I did install BlackBerry Hub and like having all notification in one place.

A news feed that is my news sites and not what someone else chooses. Too much to ask?

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Have an S8 but thought I'd chime in anyway. I've used Nova for years and think it's great. Started using Microsoft launcher a month or so ago and kept it. Very clean looking. I like the swipe right to the feed page where I keep my widgets and news.
Installed Cortana (keeping Google Assistant as default) and love that I can receive and respond to texts on my Windows 10 laptop.
Loved Cortana on WP, but unfortunately she can't integrate well enough to match Assistant.
Microsoft launcher getting frequent, if small, updates. All in all, really enjoying it.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Have an S8 but thought I'd chime in anyway. I've used Nova for years and think it's great. Started using Microsoft launcher a month or so ago and kept it. Very clean looking. I like the swipe right to the feed page where I keep my widgets and news.
Installed Cortana (keeping Google Assistant as default) and love that I can receive and respond to texts on my Windows 10 laptop.
Loved Cortana on WP, but unfortunately she can't integrate well enough to match Assistant.
Microsoft launcher getting frequent, if small, updates. All in all, really enjoying it.
It would be awesome if Cortana was fully integrated into the MSFT launcher.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
MS Launcher is the first and only launcher to make me stop using Nova Prime altogether. I can see absolutely no reason to switch back now. And the bonus is it's still getting heaps of new features added every month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2