Yesterday 09:01 AM
41 12
tools
    It sounds like a few people with Note 8s are either trying or retrying Microsoft Launcher so I thought it would be nice to have place to discuss it. It seems like Microsoft is determined to become an even bigger player in the Android space so this launcher is likely to keep getting better.

One thing I do not like is how it messes up the app name sometimes in the drawer. It makes it 2 lines with only a few letters on the second line. That's why I like to be able to edit the name. I make it fit properly on either one or two lines.
    12-16-2017 09:39 PM
    I tried it but didn't like it.
    jjinal and MooMooPrincess like this.
    12-16-2017 10:18 PM
    I tried it but didn't like it.
    Well, at least you tried it. What is your favorite launcher?
    12-16-2017 10:23 PM
    I like Nova launcher best.
    jjinal likes this.
    12-16-2017 10:29 PM
    I like Nova launcher best.
    That's a good one. My current 2nd favorite.
    12-16-2017 11:06 PM
    still using it. it's amazing.
    12-16-2017 11:27 PM
    My favorite things are the fresh Bing background every day, the Recent Apps screen, and expanding drawer with quick settings at the bottom. I wish you could customize which quick settings were included.

The most recent update brought more icon rows with 1/2 step icon placement very similar to Nova.

I regularly switch back and forth from Nova, TW, and Microsoft, but I consider Microsoft my most preferred. If you keep the same launcher all the time I think it's bad for the brain. Make it work a little! haha
    z0ove and jjinal like this.
    12-16-2017 11:47 PM
    You're funny. I would like the option to have a blank page with folders but the recently used apps is genius. I venture to say it's more efficient than Nova.
    z0ove and jjinal like this.
    12-17-2017 12:05 AM
    I liked it but it just doesn't have enough ompf for me yet. Action launcher still number 1 for me
    jjinal and Aquila like this.
    12-17-2017 12:44 AM
    I liked it but it just doesn't have enough ompf for me yet. Action launcher still number 1 for me
    What was missing for you?
    12-17-2017 12:56 AM
    Just gave me Launcher a go after 3-4 months away. Was disappointed. Grid and sub grid positioning is off. Desktop folders on Note are tiny and app icons inside even smaller.

Don't think it's there yet..

I did install BlackBerry Hub and like having all notification in one place.

A news feed that is my news sites and not what someone else chooses. Too much to ask?
    jjinal likes this.
    12-17-2017 07:46 AM
    Have an S8 but thought I'd chime in anyway. I've used Nova for years and think it's great. Started using Microsoft launcher a month or so ago and kept it. Very clean looking. I like the swipe right to the feed page where I keep my widgets and news.
    Installed Cortana (keeping Google Assistant as default) and love that I can receive and respond to texts on my Windows 10 laptop.
    Loved Cortana on WP, but unfortunately she can't integrate well enough to match Assistant.
    Microsoft launcher getting frequent, if small, updates. All in all, really enjoying it.
    jjinal and mark233 like this.
    12-17-2017 08:55 AM
    Have an S8 but thought I'd chime in anyway. I've used Nova for years and think it's great. Started using Microsoft launcher a month or so ago and kept it. Very clean looking. I like the swipe right to the feed page where I keep my widgets and news.
    Installed Cortana (keeping Google Assistant as default) and love that I can receive and respond to texts on my Windows 10 laptop.
    Loved Cortana on WP, but unfortunately she can't integrate well enough to match Assistant.
    Microsoft launcher getting frequent, if small, updates. All in all, really enjoying it.
    It would be awesome if Cortana was fully integrated into the MSFT launcher.
    mary beth hale and mark233 like this.
    12-17-2017 10:51 AM
    Losing Cortana functionality is my biggest regret about WP dying. It won't ever have sufficient integration in Android
    12-17-2017 02:46 PM
    You're funny. I would like the option to have a blank page with folders but the recently used apps is genius. I venture to say it's more efficient than Nova.
    Pressing the home button on the home screen brings up recently used apps on Nova.
    12-17-2017 02:53 PM
    Nova seemed laggy compared to ML
    jjinal and mary beth hale like this.
    12-17-2017 04:06 PM
    Just installed this after reading this thread..... Love Microsoft launcher.
    jjinal and mary beth hale like this.
    12-17-2017 04:29 PM
    see what I started? lol
    12-17-2017 04:58 PM
    I used Microsoft Launcher on my S8+ and I am using it on my Note 8 and my Tab S2. Works great on both.
    12-18-2017 02:26 AM
    MS Launcher is the first and only launcher to make me stop using Nova Prime altogether. I can see absolutely no reason to switch back now. And the bonus is it's still getting heaps of new features added every month.
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    12-18-2017 02:37 AM
    I Tried it and uninstalled 10 mins after:
    1) Missing one of my faves nova gestures which is swipe down = show notification panel
    2) i hate feeds. Sorry i don't like them
    3) No infinite scroll
    4) Not full customizable

but in the other hand:
    1) no lag
    2) looks cool
    3) It Has potential

BTW, Nova is not laggy at all!
    12-18-2017 03:16 AM
    I Tried it and uninstalled 10 mins after:
    1) Missing one of my faves nova gestures which is swipe down = show notification panel
    2) i hate feeds. Sorry i don't like them
    3) No infinite scroll
    4) Not full customizable

but in the other hand:
    1) no lag
    2) looks cool
    3) It Has potential

BTW, Nova is not laggy at all!
    Huh? I swipe down to show the notification panel all the time. You just add it in gestures. In fact I'm pretty sure that one is already added by default.

As for the feed page. It's purely optional and that page can be turned off.

New Microsoft Launcher Thread-screenshot_20171218-084724.jpg
    xzell and 11B1P like this.
    12-18-2017 03:50 AM
    https://mspoweruser.com/cortana-app-...ay-going-away/

"At Microsoft’s Everyday AI event Harry Shum, Executive vice president of Microsoft’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Research group, announced that Cortana features would be coming to Microsoft Launcher, raising the prospect of the stand-alone app going away."
    12-18-2017 04:17 AM
    Im giving this a try for 24 hours. So far it's nice and simple to use. I am using this as my main launcher to test how I like it but Nova is my alternative if I don't like this one.

I can definitely say I feel like it's too touch sensitive. I'm not sure if that's possible but I notice when you tap and hold a folder for its popup settings, the folder also moves on the home screen way too frequently.

I wish there was the ability to alphabetize the apps inside folders like you can on Nova Launcher. Also, I'd like to know if I can have them listed horizontally instead of vertically.

I'd also like to see the ability to add the option to unlock your home screen via gestures instead of going through the General Launcher Settings to do so.
    12-18-2017 04:29 AM
    Using it for a while and enjoying. Otherwise, I'll be back to the BlackBerry launcher
    12-18-2017 11:49 AM
41 12